Menu

X-Post: Does anyone sell a kit for BFSU?

lovinmomma

Pretty self explanatory.... Does anyone sell a kit for BFSU for all of the little supplies that goes along with BFSU?

For further info:

I'm looking into the future trying to come up with ideas that I could do to make some extra cash. It won't be right now, but when I have some $ that I could start a small at home business I would like to have some ideas on hand. I want to do something that I'm passionate about and teaching children at home is one of those things.

I believe the author has said he doesn't want anyone to be making money on the book and he specifically mentions not selling kits. But I would LOVE to be able to buy one! :)

That's kind of a bummer...I'm not sure I would buy a kit (DH is in charge of our experiments and demonstrations, and he seems to do just fine getting stuff together). BUT what I would pay good money for would be lapbooking and/or notebooking files designed to go with each lesson. DD just does not do well with the whole 'just make a little book about xyz thing that you learned'. She does well with direction though (aka a template with clear instructions) but I have had a hard time getting my act together to find or make ones myself for any but a few lessons.

I believe the author has said he doesn't want anyone to be making money on the book and he specifically mentions not selling kits. But I would LOVE to be able to buy one! :)

I better check that out. Thanks!

That's kind of a bummer...I'm not sure I would buy a kit (DH is in charge of our experiments and demonstrations, and he seems to do just fine getting stuff together). BUT what I would pay good money for would be lapbooking and/or notebooking files designed to go with each lesson. DD just does not do well with the whole 'just make a little book about xyz thing that you learned'. She does well with direction though (aka a template with clear instructions) but I have had a hard time getting my act together to find or make ones myself for any but a few lessons.

Food for thought! Thank you.

I WISH BFSU was more like, say, NOEO or Science Odyssey, with files to go with it and/or kits with stuff. I gave up on BFSU because I was tired of having to look weeks ahead and getting supplies and then trying to find the harder stuff (I never did find magnetic shavings). If someone did those for BFSU I wouldn't mind going back to it. As it is we're going with NOEO because it has everything in a box. Not much hunting.

We're halfway through BFSU I and the only thing I've purchased has been a magnet kit (with shavings - although we were at a beach later and the magnets on one set of bath toys found plenty of shavings...) So I guess the kit might cut down on time spent collecting stuff from around the house?

I know! You could make packets of pictures (inner ear, plant parts, Earth's magnetic field...) to illustrate the lessons. If you sold it as a download you could also link to cool example/demonstration videos.