Menu

Back to school sales!

Tis the season! So I thought I'd start a thread so that when you find a bargain and deep discounts, you can pot and let us know! Plus i dont have time or energy in this heat to run fromstore to store comparing! This week I happened across spiral notebooks for $.20 and composition notebooks for $.40 at Staples. I think sale ends tomorrow? Anyone have any other bargain or hear of any teacher appreciation events or back to school events post it here cuz I need to stock up on glue sticks, paper, markets, and the list goes on!

Tis the season! So I thought I'd start a thread so that when you find a bargain and deep discounts, you can pot and let us know! Plus i dont have time or energy in this heat to run fromstore to store comparing! This week I happened across spiral notebooks for $.20 and composition notebooks for $.40 at Staples. I think sale ends tomorrow? Anyone have any other bargain or hear of any teacher appreciation events or back to school events post it here cuz I need to stock up on glue sticks, paper, markets, and the list goes on!

The spiral notebooks that are 70 pages are .17 cents at Walmart and the composition books were .50 cents. :001_smile:

Here's the Staples Back to School page:

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/back-to-school/index.html

They are also offering a $10 pass which gives 15% off on school supplies between 6/1 and 9/15. There are some exclusions, e.g. technology.

Office Depot:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/browse/school-supplies/N=5+502600/

That said, I didn't see the $0.20/$0.40 items in my local ad.. perhaps the prices are regional?

Edited by leeyeewah

I went to Staples and Wal Mart today. Index cards and glue sticks were a better deal at Wal Mart. The 3x5 index cards were $1.00 for a pack of 100 at Staples. They were 48 cents for a pack of 100 at Wal Mart.

Elmers glue sticks were 10 cents apiece at Wal Mart. Staples brand glue sticks were a pack of 4 for $1.00 (25 cents apiece).

I also got the 17 cent spiral wide rule notebooks at Wal Mart.

I did get two of the 5 pack mechanical pencils for 25 cents and 1 cent bottles of glue (along with some other things) at Staples. I also got 2 reams of paper that will be 25 cents when (and if) I get my rebate. I say if because I bought paper from them a couple of years ago and filled out my rebate online and never got it. It says expect 4-6 weeks for the rebate, but I got busy with school and forgot to check on it. When I realized I had never received it, I couldn't remember how long it had been, and I didn't know where my rebate info was. This time I will be more diligent in keeping up with it all.

Happy shopping!

Hit staples today for some of their Better Binders (on 2-for discounts). They really do seem better and come with a lifetime warranty! And they come in a wide range of colors, even a few patterns.

I finally picked up some better binders on this sale and I LOVE them. I'm a convert. Plus in case you missed the notice on the other thread- Staples will give you $2 to recycle your old binder.

Any size or condition!

And here is a coupon for $5 off a purchase of $30 or more good at Staples until July 14th.

I went to Staples and Wal Mart today. Index cards and glue sticks were a better deal at Wal Mart. The 3x5 index cards were $1.00 for a pack of 100 at Staples. They were 48 cents for a pack of 100 at Wal Mart.

Elmers glue sticks were 10 cents apiece at Wal Mart. Staples brand glue sticks were a pack of 4 for $1.00 (25 cents apiece).

I also got the 17 cent spiral wide rule notebooks at Wal Mart.

I did get two of the 5 pack mechanical pencils for 25 cents and 1 cent bottles of glue (along with some other things) at Staples. I also got 2 reams of paper that will be 25 cents when (and if) I get my rebate. I say if because I bought paper from them a couple of years ago and filled out my rebate online and never got it. It says expect 4-6 weeks for the rebate, but I got busy with school and forgot to check on it. When I realized I had never received it, I couldn't remember how long it had been, and I didn't know where my rebate info was. This time I will be more diligent in keeping up with it all.

Happy shopping!

I went to Staples today, too, and grabbed basically what you did.

I think Walmart price-matches on any ad--worth a try when you hit really great deals. Running around means gas, and that's a lot!

I went to Staples today, too, and grabbed basically what you did.

I think Walmart price-matches on any ad--worth a try when you hit really great deals. Running around means gas, and that's a lot!

Yes, thanks for the reminder. The closest Staples to me is in another town about 25-30 miles. We were going anyway for a dr. appt. Otherwise, I would not have gone and just used the ad match at our local Wal Mart or just would have bought from Wal Mart without the ad match.

We also went to Kroger (which we do not have in my town) and feel that I got some good deals on groceries there (even though Wal Mart did outprice them on a couple of items). Also, Kroger usually has a much better selection on produce. I still needed to go to Wally World. Somehow I can just not get away from that store.

I usually do not run around to all these different stores. I agree that it doesn't save money to burn all that gas. That is not a typical shopping day for me, but it worked out that way this time. I will note that the Staples and Kroger stores are very close to each other and were on my way home.

Anyway, I also wanted to add, in regards to Staples, in case anyone is looking for page protectors, that Staples had their set of 50 page protectors on sale for $5 (normally $6.49), but you can buy the set of 200 for $19.99 (not on sale). We use a lot of page protectors so buying the 200 saved me 1 cent. And now I know that the 200 is a better deal anyway (if shopping at Staples) sale or not. Of course, if anyone knows of a better deal on page protectors for the future I am :bigear:.

Waiting for Toys 'R Us to run Crayola Buy 1, Get 2 Free...

SUBBING to learn when this happens. I know I stumbled across it last year and bought up for school and gift giving!

The only deal I know of is the one people are posting about the school items in the Target dollar bins.

Apparently, it's this week! I guess it's not online too this time, though. Bummer. It is in the ad.

SUBBING to learn when this happens. I know I stumbled across it last year and bought up for school and gift giving!

The only deal I know of is the one people are posting about the school items in the Target dollar bins.