Menu

Kitchen table

Does anyone know of any table manufacturers that put Formica or corian on the top of the table and come big enough to fit 8 people? We are looking for an easy clean, kid friendly kitchen table for eating, homework, crafts, and so forth. I can't find anything that is not wood top at our local stores in the size I need. Thanks.

I've seen marble on some tables. It's actually a marble veneer (per the saleswoman at Ashley or Rooms to Go, can't remember). You may want to check their websites. Ikea is another good place to look, as well as Basset; they both do custom tables.

Edited by extendedforecast
Auto-correct was incorrect, therefore I had to correct.

Does anyone know of any table manufacturers that put Formica or corian on the top of the table and come big enough to fit 8 people? We are looking for an easy clean, kid friendly kitchen table for eating, homework, crafts, and so forth. I can't find anything that is not wood top at our local stores in the size I need. Thanks.

We have friends who made one and he's not all hat handy. I don't know where he got the original piece of Formica but then he put a simple edge on it and then legs. You can buy fancy legs at a place like Lowes. It works. Its not pretty but if you were more handy, got a prettier piece of formica in the first place...

I've seen granite topped tables at a discount furniture store called Bob's Discount Furniture (North East locations mostly) but they tend to be countertop height or smaller than you need.

If you have more room in your budget, you should check Room and Board. Their furniture tends to have very modern, classic, clean lines. Here are a few choices that come in a variety of sizes and table tops, including glass (clear and colored), wood, quartz composites, and granite:

Rand Table

Pratt Table

They have other tables that also offer quartz/granite tops. Room and Board is pricier but I absolutely :drool::001_wub: them...if only I could afford it all.

Oh, you should also look through Cymax for options: Marble Granite Stone Tables. I've ordered from them before (legitimate company).