Menu

Double stroller - which one?

Since running/jogging is forever done for me :( I need to sell my current jogging stroller (it's way too big and can't fit in our van easily at all) and get a new stroller. I know I want a side-by-side and it must have a good canopy plus be very comfortable and fold down to the point I can easily fit it in the back of my van.

:bigear:

Love, love, love my City Mini Double stroller. You'd have to get the infant attachment bar for your littlest one. This stroller turns on a dime, fits through all doorways (it's a side by side), is lighter than many others, and collapses pretty small. The color options aren't great, but I like it better than the other doubles I've had in the past.

Maclaren Twin Techno.

When I moved to a 3rd row SUV, the trunk was a lot smaller. I needed a double stroller that folded compactly. The Maclaren is very compact when folded. It is a side-by-side double. It is expensive new, but I found mine at a consignment store.

I put my youngest in it at just a few months old. The seats can lay flat.

I also like the maclaren twin techno. Another plus with this stroller is you can have 2 different size kids in it and it doesnt screw with the steering. Some side by side strollers expect that your kids will be twins and near the same weight. I have had a very solidly build toddler sitting next to a 3 month old with no trouble in the maclaren. It folds very flat...about the size of two umbrella strollers deflated and stacked next to each other.

I really, REALLY loved our Mountain Buggy Urban double. It went everywhere, turned on a dime, and folded easily to throw into the back of the van. (I did not like, however, having it in bright orange - which is what I picked - because it drew even more attention when pushing twins through the grocery store.) It was seriously the best stroller I owned in 20 years and 4 children worth of parenting.

Eta: like the Maclaren, it had no issue with weight differential, even with a 7 yo in one side and no one in the other.

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

It folds very flat...about the size of two umbrella strollers deflated and stacked next to each other.
This is what I need. My huge van holds a lot of kiddos but storage in the back stinks! I looked at the Britax double but it folds like the BOB I already have.

Guess I'm heading to the Valley to test drive strollers...in 100+ degree heat...fantastic.