Menu

What are YOU reading? Not homeschooling related

I've got myself another scheduled "unplug" break coming up. I tend to get through a fair amount of reading during those times.

First up is Middlemarch.

I then want to read A Tale of Two Cities. I've read a bit of Dickens, but somehow I never got around to that one.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:party: How do you like it?

I love the case studies toward the end. They are my favorite part. Our water table is way too high here to do much in-ground, but we are still making plans for when we build our dream house. With all this hot weather, I'm wishing this house was bermed!

I just started The Delivery Room, by British-American author Sylvia Brownrigg. Last week, I read Jane Yolen's, Queen's Own Fool: A Novel of Mary Queen of Scots, as my youngest has that one on her To Read list. It's YA, and I thought it was fine for her.

I do like the first chapter of Brownrigg's novel.

Edited by LibraryLover

For the past month I have been reading teenage dystopian novels. I don't know why. Be fore that it was zombies & vampires lol. I am starting the Uglies series tomorrow.

I've gotten into the dystopian novels recently too. And the young adult ones seem to be better than the adult ones. The Uglies series is great, I think you'll enjoy it!

Yes, but I've taken a step back from the young adult section to the children's section! I plowed through all of the Gregor the Overlander series at the very beginning of the summer and really enjoyed them.

In a totally different direction, I just finished Rurally Screwed yesterday. Good light summertime reading.

I'm just about to start Monique and the Mango Rains. Someone else here on a different thread mentioned it and piqued my interest. Just picked it up from the library and I'm excited to read it over the weekend.

I've also got a small stack of books set aside for vacation next month that includes a Loretta Lynn biography, Guts by Kristen Johnston, and a book about hoarding called Stuffed that was given to me by a friend who struggles with it himself. I think he gave me the book with the hopes that it would help me understand him a bit better.