Menu

Teaching a Lefty to write

I used Handwriting without Tears. I'm keeping that track for cursive as well. He's done fine. I haven't needed to adjust anything. He just naturally does cross strokes the left hand way for example. Other than that sort of thing there hasn't been much difference in teaching my two. It's really not been a big deal. Cutting was a bigger issue for him. I finally got him left handed scissors because he was so frustrated by ripping paper and such that he didn't want to cut anything much.

Yay! Thank you for this question and the answers. This was a question I didn't realize I had, but my littlest is a lefty and I have zero experience with this. I'm glad HWT will work, since that what we already use, anyway! I guess somewhere in that TM is something about how to teach a lefty!

I've got 3 lefties and have taught them the same way as my 2 righties. The most important thing is that lefties need to slant their paper the opposite way that righties do.

The most important thing is to teach her to turn her paper the opposite way a rightie does. The hooked hand happens when a leftie turns her paper in the same direction a rightie does.

:iagree: Right handed the right corner goes up, left handed the left corner goes up. Love HWT!!