Menu

Stanford testing and BJU

I just received an e-mail from BJU stating that "As of June 30, 2012, Pearson (publisher of Stanford) is reinstating the Non-Relative Clause. All testers who purchase and administer the Stanford test to related children or children of their immediate household after this date will again be required to include two or more unrelated children in each testing group."

I contacted Pearson and they said it wasn't them. It was a BJU change.

I contacted BJU, and they said it wasn't them. It was a Pearson change.

In any event, the change will make it more difficult for homeschooling families to give the Stanford test.

Does anyone have any other information on this? If it is just a BJU change, does anyone know any other company that offers this test to homeschool families?

I will post if I hear any other news so that if anyone else is not happy with the change, they can contact the party responsible.

Not happy, here!

Hot Lava Mama

I just received an e-mail from BJU stating that "As of June 30, 2012, Pearson (publisher of Stanford) is reinstating the Non-Relative Clause. All testers who purchase and administer the Stanford test to related children or children of their immediate household after this date will again be required to include two or more unrelated children in each testing group."

I contacted Pearson and they said it wasn't them. It was a BJU change.

I contacted BJU, and they said it wasn't them. It was a Pearson change.

In any event, the change will make it more difficult for homeschooling families to give the Stanford test.

Does anyone have any other information on this? If it is just a BJU change, does anyone know any other company that offers this test to homeschool families?

I will post if I hear any other news so that if anyone else is not happy with the change, they can contact the party responsible.

Not happy, here!

Hot Lava Mama

I received the same email. I find it very interesting that Pearson said it wasn't them. Please keep us updated on what you find out. I know ABEKA sells the Stanford, but they have the non-related rule also.

You have to have three kids per grouping. So according to the test, it must be administered separately to different age ranges. The younger grades are by themselves, but then there is a grouping of fourth, fifth, and sixth I believe. S you could test your fourth grader and a friends fifth and sixth grader together. But if you also had a second grader, you would need two more second graders. Make any sense?

And I read or heard this just last month when preparing to test our co-op kids. I think it was on the DVD that they make you watch as training. Not sure who puts together that DVD but I think it is bob jones.

Oh, I just remembered that ABEKA offers the Stanford test online. If they haven't changed the rules, you don't have to be a qualified tester and you don't have to have non-related students present. I think the website is www.abekatesting.org.

Abeka's Stanford test is only available 2x a year including the online version. It won't be available again until the fall for about a month and then they have a month or so in the spring it is available,

The Stanford 10 can be administered in the fall from October 1–31 and in the spring from March 15–April 30. Note: Testing windows ensure results are appropriately normed (matched to an empirical norm date). For example, testing in mid-summer would not allow results to be accurately compared to the national norm group because there are only two empirical norm dates: fall and spring.

I emailed them to see if the dates applied to the online version as well and it does.

Here is it exactly:

Time to have a party--a testing party, that is!

As of June 30, 2012, Pearson (publisher of Stanford) is reinstating the Non-Relative Clause. All testers who purchase and administer the Stanford test to related children or children of their immediate household after this date will again be required to include two or more unrelated children in each testing group.

However, please note--any Stanford tests purchased from BJU Press Testing & Evaluation before June 30, 2012, may be administered according to the Stanford testing requirements at time of purchase. See FAQs for further details. (Note: Changes apply only to Stanford tests. Requirements for The Iowa Tests® are not affected.)

Please email testing@bjupress.com with any further questions. And in the meantime, start making plans for your next Stanford testing get-together!

Here is the web page view of the e-mail, you need to copy this onto your browser:

http://view.bju-press.com/?j=fe5715747263057a7d11&m=fef417737d6203&ls=fe0413757764057f75157272&l=fef71177736707&s=fe2213787766027b751d75&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe2c15747c65007c741d75&r=0