Menu

History for 1st and 3rd graders

Amanda82

I'd really like to combine my girls history, science, and Bible this year but I'm having a hard time deciding on a good history to use for both of them. Any suggestions on a history that will be good for a 1st and 3rd grader to use?

Story of the World, The Ancients (book 1) would be perfect. That's what I would do.

What period of history are you wanting to cover? You could combine in Sonlight Core B or Tapestry of Grace, SOTW, or if you want American history Truthquest might be a good option... Combining at this age is not very difficult, maybe if you let us know what you are looking for in a program, we can help give better suggestions. :001_smile:

ETA Biblioplan is another one tht is gret for combining.

Edited by ByGrace3

I agree SL Core B would work great and let you combine all 3 of those things. If you are just looking for history right now though, SOTW 1 is a really fun read- and you can get the project book to go along with it if your 3rd grader wants to dig deeper into any of the topics.

Story of the World, any volume for history. When my kids were 1st and 3rd we were up to vol. 3, but we started with vol. 1 when they were preK and K. So you could start now with 1.

Bible: for 3rd grade I think we just read the Bible and colored books and memorized verses. I don't think we used a specific curric that year, so no suggestions. If you do SOTW 1, Old Testament goes right along with it. vol. 1 goes through the fall of the Roman Empire.

What period of history are you wanting to cover? You could combine in Sonlight Core B or Tapestry of Grace, SOTW, or if you want American history Truthquest might be a good option... Combining at this age is not very difficult, maybe if you let us know what you are looking for in a program, we can help give better suggestions. :001_smile:

ETA Biblioplan is another one tht is gret for combining.

I don't really have a specific time period I'm looking for, my 3rd grader really just loves any history and my 1st grader doesn't really care. I think she may really enjoy American history after learning about the Presidents in 2nd grade but we're not closed to other periods.

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone...I'm going to look into them all and with the help of my oldest daughter hopefully we'll be able to pick something!