Menu

Queen of England's Diamond Jubilee

KristenR

Yes, but we live in the UK.:001_smile

Yes, house is covered with bunting and a flag. Three days of picnics starting Sunday. Should be a lot of fun. Our village is having the picnics and other festivities. There are events all over the country.

Meh. Well make some Scotch Eggs and have done with it. DD the Elder wants Stargazy Pie, even though there's not even a remote royal link of which she's aware.

Yes, but we live in the UK.:001_smile

Yes, house is covered with bunting and a flag. Three days of picnics starting Sunday. Should be a lot of fun. Our village is having the picnics and other festivities. There are events all over the country.

Sounds like a fun time. :001_smile:

We are! I found some fun worksheets/puzzles/coloring pages online, and we're going to make crowns tomorrow. We did some "Jubilee math" yesterday, which was really interesting. I downloaded a book about Queen Elizabeth, too.

I'll be making a few English dishes over the next few days, (I'm most looking forward to the trifle!), and we're having "tea" on Tuesday. Plus, I'm recording pretty much everything BBC America is showing between now and Tuesday.

Meh. Well make some Scotch Eggs and have done with it. DD the Elder wants Stargazy Pie, even though there's not even a remote royal link of which she's aware.

I gotta ask-- what is Stargazy pie??

I gotta ask-- what is Stargazy pie??
The common element to all recipes is the sardine/pilchard heads sticking out of the crust. Sometimes the tails stick out as well. The rest of the pie is usually egg, milk potato and/or onion, maybe bacon.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyCQcEjW5Bv1i76cnOUbOz5Dp8Vk3NyO8DMwP65wWuXFxocd5s

220px-Stargazy_pie_prebake.jpg

The common element to all recipes is the sardine/pilchard heads sticking out of the crust. Sometimes the tails stick out as well. The rest of the pie is usually egg, milk potato and/or onion, maybe bacon.

Wow!! That is not at all what I had envisioned!! Hardcore!! Thanks for sharing!

:ohmy: Interesting for sure, but you would have to twist my arm to eat that! :tongue_smilie: And I like to try new dishes.

I'm going to be making Shepherd's Pie, possibly. Oh wait, it's ds and dd's marathon recital tonight - nevermind. Maybe we'll have some tea :)