Menu

miscarriage related- can I have some advice?

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad your daughter is ok.

Looking forward, I was able to conceive six months after one miscarriage at 35+ and one month after another miscarriage at 40+. It is difficult emotionally, as you know, but I hope things turn around for you soon!

My advice is always to be truthful to children and do not hide health issues. Certainly, explain the issue on a level the child is capable of understanding, but do explain it. It is painful to a child to learn that their parents kept secrets about their own health. Children worry about their parents. Truthful knowledge is more helpful than keeping secrets.

I speak from experience on both sides of this -- as a child who felt betrayed by the secrets, and as a parent who had to communicate some painful truths to her child.

ETA: I just read your update. I'm glad you could talk to her and that she is taking it well. :grouphug:

I am sorry for your losses and that you are having to go through this difficult time. :hug:

I recently miscarried, and we were not discussing it with my daughter (age 6) as it was happening. But it was very evident to her that we were stressed, that mommy was sick, that we were upset and something was wrong. So, I finally talked to her, because I felt like the fear of the unknown would be worse than the truth. She handled it very matter-of-factly and well.

** Just saw your update, and it sounds exactly like the conversation I had with my daughter. I am glad it went well for you.

Oh Nance, I'm so sorry! :grouphug::grouphug: I know how excited you were about this baby. Hoping and praying that all goes well and you will be comforted during this time. I'm glad you were able to talk to your dd about it, though, and that she took it well. May God heal the hole that will be left in your heart. :grouphug:

Oh, /Nance!!! I have not been here for quite some time. I am so sorry to hear about the baby. My heart breaks for you. Sending a million uplifting thoughts and hugs your way.

I see that you have decided to tell your dd. I am glad.... she knows something is up.

So, so, so sorry!!!!!