Menu

"What time is it?" - can I get a witness?

:glare:

Now that summer is here, can I please have a break from this question?

Any of you guys out there have a kid fixated on "what time is it?" Wouldn't matter if she was wearing a 30 watches herself, she'd still ask me....

I've pretty much taken to responding, "What do I look like? Google?" :lol:

Yep - dd asks ever 5 minutes. And you can't say 4:30 if it's 4:29 either - she will correct you.

I get a lot of this. It doesn't help that the oven, microwave and computer clocks are off slightly by 30 seconds or something, so I'll use the time from the "wrong" clock. Then when the clock changes, he asks what time it is. again.

Yep - dd asks ever 5 minutes. And you can't say 4:30 if it's 4:29 either - she will correct you.

I'm sick of it!

What helped here with some of that was switching to analog clocks and unplugging the digital ones. We also had many (sigh) discussions about approximations.

Timely discussion. :001_smile:

Mine doesn't ask. He tells me.

This.

you can't say 4:30 if it's 4:29 either - she will correct you.

Yes. He tells me to the minute.

What helped here with some of that was switching to analog clocks and unplugging the digital ones. We also had many (sigh) discussions about approximations.

He can tell time. He is 9yo. He is usually fine if I round to the nearest 5 min, but he doesn't do it himself. Sometimes he will correct me. An hour ago I said it was 5:15 and he corrected me by saying that it was 5:13. :rolleyes:

I have no idea why saying the exact time is so important to him. It certainly isn't something I started.

Mandy

Not strictly related but this has been a hit at our house. Here's a way to adapt analog clocks for smaller kids: buy a cheap clock, open the clock, and remove the minute and second hand. The hour hand alone can be sufficient to tell time for littles. You can even mark different times on the clock face, like lunch, naptime, etc.

I get a lot of this. It doesn't help that the oven, microwave and computer clocks are off slightly by 30 seconds or something, so I'll use the time from the "wrong" clock. Then when the clock changes, he asks what time it is. again.

:lol::lol::lol: Glad I'm not alone. Ds has a need for precision with time. If I say something about it being 6:30, he will correct me if it's 6:29. If I quote the time from one clock, he makes sure he tells me the accurate time according to the clock that is synchronized with a satellite (or some such nonsense that I don't quite follow).