Menu

Need boy & girl puppy names!

Below is a photo of my nie3ce and her new puppy who has been named Adelaide (addie to friends ;)) --

dh is on his way to adopt one of addie's siblings -- the two boys are black and I think her sister is brown.

I will post photos of our new puppy as soon as we decide, BUT in the meantime, we need name suggestions.

So excited -- we promised dd11 that we would get a puppy after we moved into the new house -- so I guess it's time.

thanks!

PS - we already have a hound whose name is Guidry (after former NYY pitcher Ron Guidry)

post-10544-13535086751305_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535086751305_thumb.jpg

Awww! CUTE!

Well, you know i've always LOVED your hound and his name (and I say that as a life-long Red Sox fan, so that's saying something!) so I think it would be cool to stick with a baseball theme.

Girl: Babe, Ruth, Georgia, Peaches (those are references to one of the greatest movies ever--- "A League of Their Own" and the whole Women's Baseball Leagues era) Tough to come up with baseball names that sound feminine.

Boy: Possibilites are endless. We had a cat named "Fenway" (as I said, Red Sox fans!) but I know a great Leonberger named "Jeter" and one named "Bernie" (for NYY Bernie Williams)

I'll keep thinking....

astrid

Awww! CUTE!

Well, you know i've always LOVED your hound and his name (and I say that as a life-long Red Sox fan, so that's saying something!) so I think it would be cool to stick with a baseball theme.

Girl: Babe, Ruth, Georgia, Peaches (those are references to one of the greatest movies ever--- "A League of Their Own" and the whole Women's Baseball Leagues era) Tough to come up with baseball names that sound feminine.

Boy: Possibilites are endless. We had a cat named "Fenway" (as I said, Red Sox fans!) but I know a great Leonberger named "Jeter" and one named "Bernie" (for NYY Bernie Williams)

I'll keep thinking....

astrid

ok - i love FENWAY!!!!!!!! Love it. not sure dh would go for it. Oh heavens. decisions, decisions.

If you pick a boy- Romeo and girl, of course, Juliet. :D

Now I have ANOTHER reason to be excited about meeting you. I LOVE (other people's) puppies!!! :tongue_smilie:

We ARE so excited about your visit - you cannot imagine!!!!!:D

How big are they going to get? It always seems odd to have a teacup poodle named "Rufus" and a Great Dane "Woobski". :001_smile:

More "typical dog names: Snoopy, Dolly (for Dolores :D), Doodles, Benny, Minki, Lucy, Tinker, Bella

More high-falutin names (my ds loved to name our chickens this way)

Henrietta (Hetty), Agatha, Agnes (Aggie), Olivia (Livvy), Anastasia, Shira, Leona, Bernadette, Ethel, Oliver, Armin, Edward (Eddie), Albert (Albie), Theodore (Theo).

Can't think of anything else now. :lol:

My sister's dog is named Fenway, and he is the BEST! (of course, more Red Sox fans here :D).

I love the idea of naming the girl after the names in A League of Their Own.

I'm also a big fan of naming animals after characters in favorite books.

PS - That puppy is PRECIOUS!