Menu

The Bubble known as our neighborhood has been popped

A stranger walked into the back yard and asked the kids if either of their parents worked at Kings Island. Fortunately, the neighborhood gang was there, not just our two girls. I was in the basement, but I didn't hear the doorbell ring.

We called the police and they sent an officer out to talk to them. According to the girls he was 'Old' (over 30) had on khaki pants, and a blue shirt. Vague, at best.

To me, this falls into the gray area. He didn't do anything harmful or ask them to go with him to find his puppy. BUT if he is just collecting data, he sure as heck didn't do it the right way. He did it in a VERY alarming way.

Dh thinks I went over the edge, of course, our two gems are safely swimming with the gang right now. And all is well. How easily....I hate that road, not going down that thought path right now....

The police didn't say much. Let them know if we see the guy or if anything else fishy happens. Our backyard is half fenced. Don't ask...:glare:

Fortunately, we start back to school/chores Monday (We've been off for two weeks). So they won't be out and about quite as much. And for the next week or two, they won't be outside without me, or the other kids. Period. <sigh> I really liked that bubble.

Yeah, that is creepy!

I am glad your girls (and neighbor children) are safe, and I hope that cops got enough of a description to atleast provide some info to back up someone else's story...b/c he will try again if I'm thinking what you are thinking.

Honestly, sounds like something I might do. Maybe he was meeting someone that he met at the theme park, or was buying something off craigs list and got the adress wrong. If he rang the bell, no one answered, and he heard noise in the back it seems pretty normal to me he'd assume the family was out there and would poke his head around to ask. I'd do it.

Honestly, sounds like something I might do. Maybe he was meeting someone that he met at the theme park, or was buying something off craigs list and got the adress wrong. If he rang the bell, no one answered, and he heard noise in the back it seems pretty normal to me he'd assume the family was out there and would poke his head around to ask. I'd do it.

I agree that it COULD happen, but I didn't hear the doorbell. So chances are he didn't ring it. None of the adults, work at kings Island. We've got teachers, retirees, real estate agents, researchers, nurses and firemen. There are 6 people whose place of employment I am not certain. But they have all lived there at least 7 years, and the kids know what they look like. There are only 13 houses. MAYBE the college kid across the street does.

I agree that it COULD happen, but I didn't hear the doorbell. So chances are he didn't ring it. None of the adults, work at kings Island. We've got teachers, retirees, real estate agents, researchers, nurses and firemen. There are 6 people whose place of employment I am not certain. But they have all lived there at least 7 years, and the kids know what they look like. There are only 13 houses. MAYBE the college kid across the street does.

You know, now I wonder if he was a bill collector or a repo guy. Perhaps he was looking for someone at their last known address. Often they will ask kids because kids are more likely to tell them the truth.

That's why I said wrong address. But that happens a lot where I live...we have multiple streets in the town that sound almost identical. So easy to get "duckview rd" mixed up with "duckview drive" and "duckview ct.", you know?

I error on the side of caution. The traffic pattern was changed in our area and our road is now extremely busy. Soon afterward we fenced in the backyard. I could have taken a cruise with the money it cost but it was well worth it, all gates are locked from the inside. My kids aren't anywhere but the backyard unless an adult is out. It's sad when the bubble pops.