Menu

We spend too much time studying (fill in the blank)?

GoVanGogh

We spend too much time studying art and science.

In my next lifetime I want to be either an art historian or a biologist. I try not to spend too much of our school time pursuing my own passions, but DC has a deep love of both subjects as well.

DC will probably go into a STEM field so I justify spending hours and $$$ on science that way.

I was just looking over our school records for the year and was a bit alarmed at how many art books we have read. :lol: (I should note: We don't do a lot of art, DC and I just enjoy studying art and going to art galleries.)

Anyone else spend a lot of time studying one or two particular subjects?

Probably history and literature. We have two different strands of history going (American and British ATM), and there are SO many good books, I'm also trying to follow AO's outline plus do the historical ficion and biographies I planned for history, plus other books of my own choosing... I need another kid or three to read all these books with! Too bad DH disagrees. :tongue_smilie:

History!

Dd7 loves history. I know that I am supposed to focus on the 3 R's, but she is a history freak. She told me earlier this week that she had to write a report on the Treaty of Paris. So I let her do that instead of WWE. (Me OTOH, I never heard about the Treaty of Paris until last month.:tongue_smilie:) Needless to say, we do history every day.

History!

Dd7 loves history. I know that I am supposed to focus on the 3 R's, but she is a history freak. She told me earlier this week that she had to write a report on the Treaty of Paris. So I let her do that instead of WWE. (Me OTOH, I never heard about the Treaty of Paris until last month.:tongue_smilie:) Needless to say, we do history every day.

My ds7 loves, loves history as well. We finished WWE2 early, and I did not want to move on to WWE3 yet. So, now with each SOTW chapter we do the narrations, copy work and dictation WWE style. Wow, it's working out great! He now wants to create his own sentences for dictation. He comes up with some really good ones. He gets his writing lesson in and really digs deeper into the history chapters. In addition, he puts together little books on different subjects and get some more organizational thinking going on.