Menu

What's your running music?

Upbeat songs by Phil Keaggy and Ron Kenoly are on my shuffle. Of course, *this* evening, just as I was set to hit the pavement, I realized one of the kids had used my ear plugs and they were *not* in my car where they were supposed to be thus I was sans tunes while running. Grrrrr!! Not good in 94 degree heat. Not good at all!

Too much traffic and too much risk of personal attack.

Anyway, the music in my ears is conversation with my DD. We run together. It's really nice! When I first started a year ago, I loved to go out by myself and be all meditative and stuff. Then she wanted to come along, and I was bummed at first, but now if she's not along I really miss her!

I think the only music I listen to while running is Beethoven's 9th. LOL I am currently running to The Teaching Co's C.S. Lewis lecture. I don't know why but I tend to bore easily with music and I can't seem to find the will to push myself when I am bored.

Journey

.38 Special

Earth, Wind, and Fire

U2

Queen

etc...

I came of age in the '80's and the music I listen to kind of reflects that (with a good bit of 70's and a little 90's too). I'm sure there's some current music I might be interested in, but I'm just not "up" on it. Also, what I listen to when I run and what I prefer to listen to when I'm sedentary are two different things. I definitely prefer a driving beat when I run. :)

Mika, Eminem, Run DMC, Third Eye Blind, Enrique Iglesias, Superchick, Kanye West, REM, Verve Pipe, Dixie Chicks, Doug E. Fresh, Nelly Furtado, Everlast, Justin Timerlake, Coldplay, Dave Matthews Band...just to name a few. There's probably a couple of my fav. songs from each artist. Love it!

My favorite workout song is the dance song from Napoleon Dynamite. It's actually called "Canned Heat" by Jamiroquai. It doesn't matter how often I hear the song, I can't help but MOVE. I also like "I Can't Get Next to You" by Annie Lennox. I like U2, Coldplay as well, but it has to be certain songs. Basically what other people have said - it has to make me feel like I can't help but move along with it. Disco is good for that too - Bee Gee's, "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gainer etc....