Menu

Combining WWE w/WWW?

shukriyya

We are doing it with WWE 2 and WWW 2.

There is no overlap at all. They are two completely different approaches. It works out nicely for us.

HTH.

Thus is what we are doing next year for my 3rd grader who struggles with writing ANYTHING...

We will be combining WWW2 with WWE2. I'm glad it has worked well for you. I'm waiting from my WWW to arrive in the mail :001_smile:

I am all :bigear: I am thinking about doing this with WWE 2 and WWW 2 next year. I really believe in the WTM plan of teaching writing, I am just not sure dd is thriving with it, so we are going to attempt both for awhile to give it some more time before I give up completely on WWE. :tongue_smilie: How does everyone schedule it?

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like the programs complement each other. Scheduling is another issue :) We've used GWG and SWS before and I wasn't keen on the workbook approach but in some ways that might be ok for an elementary writing program.

I'm still ruminating on whether or not it is necessary to add it. WWE is working well here but I feel it's asking quite different skills of dc than those WWW would ask. There is still the need to be able to organize thoughts etc.

WWE and WWW work very well together. I recommend the combination often.

I am currently using:

--WWE1 and WWW2 with my 1st grader

--WWE2 and WWW3 with my 3rd grader

As far as scheduling, my 1st grader can get a week's worth of WWW done in one or two days at the most.

My 3rd grader can usually get a week's worth of WWW done in two days. Therefore, I don't think it is difficult to schedule at all. I have not used WWW higher than level 3, so I can't comment on that.

My issue with GWG was that the workbook format of fill in the blanks wasn't teaching much. I see now that they've published a book of tests to ensure the students are retaining the info but I'm just not a fan of workbooks. Still, WWW looks like it might work for us if combined with WWE.

My issue with GWG was that the workbook format of fill in the blanks wasn't teaching much. I see now that they've published a book of tests to ensure the students are retaining the info but I'm just not a fan of workbooks. Still, WWW looks like it might work for us if combined with WWE.

WWW2 (and likely WWW1, though I don't have it in hand) are a lot of fill in the blank exercises. Even so, I like the concepts taught.

On the other hand, the majority of exercises in WWW3 require original writing. The writing is still in a structured format, such as how to write a paragraph or other type of traditional writing assignment, but it is certainly not fill in the blank for the most part. My son does well with it because of the structure, and he has become fairly compentent in his basic writing skills through using this program so far.

I can't comment on GWG because I haven't used it, but I would advise people to try WWW3 before deciding they dislike the writing program because of fill in the blank exercises.

WWW2 (and likely WWW1, though I don't have it in hand) are a lot of fill in the blank exercises. Even so, I like the concepts taught.

On the other hand, the majority of exercises in WWW3 require original writing. The writing is still in a structured format, such as how to write a paragraph or other type of traditional writing assignment, but it is certainly not fill in the blank for the most part.

Thanks, this is helpful to know.