Menu

Does your child run a fever with EVERY illness?

My daughter typically runs a fever between 101 to 103 degrees with EVERY little bug she catches. The rest of us could just have a runny nose and sneezing. She will start out with a runny nose and sneezing, but will inevitably be on the couch for 2-3 days because the fever wipes her out. I feel terrible for her :(.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's very much looking like she and I will be watching movies on the couch for Easter tomorrow. I'll send her dad and brother to the in-laws for dinner.

Yes, I have one DD who runs a fever with every little cold or other mild virus. I've come to accept that it is just how her body reacts. It is usually just for a day or two.

On the other hand, she is also the one that usually manages to dodge illness when the rest of us in the family come down with something. Maybe her body knows what it is doing!

Pegasus

:( I have one kiddo who does that too, but he also throws up with every little bug, so it could be worse lol. Hope she feels better quick.

Ugh! You're right it could be worse. I feel sorry for you and your son :tongue_smilie:.

She's up and eating a popsicle, so my fingers are crossed.

My dd runs a high fever with every illness (104 is "normal" for her) and ends up on a nebulizer even with a stomach bug. Luckily, she only gets sick once or twice a year.

My ds, even at nearly 16, still runs fevers over 104. As a baby, he ran them of 106. The first time, he had every test in the book. After that, we accepted the fact that this was who he is. Ugh. Even as a young teen, he would run fevers of 105. Regularly.

What a relief to hear...my DS is like this, and I had started to get a little worried. He runs fevers w/ every teensy bug he catches- like a pp said, the rest of us will have a cold & cough, and he will have cold, cough and 102 temp. Incidentally, he typically runs high fevers as well. He's only 4 but we've had at least 5x when he's had a fever 104- plus, he has mild asthma and so every little sniffle becomes a cough. And, we've had 2 chest x-rays to rule out pneumonia.

Sorry for venting- I think I'm relieved to know its 'normal'. :)

One does, yes, & as an infant/toddler threw up with EVERY sickness too no matter how minor. Not as bad with it now, but still tends to get tummy sick and feverish. Had a cold two weeks ago and was tummy sick & feverish. Had me freaked out for a bit, but it was just typical for him.

Having said that, I will get a fever if I'm overtired.