Menu

S/o...breadwinner/bread baker thread

Made me realize....I really suck at life.....

Oy!!!!!

:auto:

Going back to bed. You guys are too smart for me to keep up with....and you have LIVES beyond drudgery......

I need a nap and a new attitude.:confused:

Faithe....who is definitely having a mid-life crisis....breakdown.....( It is spring...right? )

:grouphug:

You don't ever really know what someone else's life is like or what may be causing them pain. We all do the best we can with what we're given. "Looking impressive" may not be all it's cracked up to be.

I guess I'm at a point where I value friendships that look past all that other stuff.

:grouphug: I haven't even read them yet. I'm afraid.

I was going to post in the thankful thread yesterday, then realized many of things people were posting about I didn't have, and are areas of extreme angst for me right now. I went and had a little pity party.

Maybe I'll avoid the bread threads for now and come sit in the mid-life crisis corner with you. I'll bring some coffee.

I've had bigger thoughts, more education and truer understanding during the last few years of my life (the stay at home, drudge part) than I ever had in college or in the work force. Degrees and titles do not make one important, wise or happy.

(And for those who will flame me, neither do they make wisdom or happiness impossible...)

This is so very true. Einstein thought his great thoughts doing a relatively mundane job. I've had some of my best thoughts mopping floors.

I think my life is pretty luxurious and leisurely. I can come and go. I can read a lot. I can spend a day doing nothing but reading to my kids. I get to watch my kids grow and learn. I can spend time on hobbies. My husband? He sits in a gray box staring at a computer screen for hours.

I really liked my mundane, mop the floors, chase kids and be pregnant life. Now, not so much....because I can't come and go, or mop when in feel like it....and I feel like a little brat who can't get her way......but I just want to be a stay at home, homeschooling mom, who cooks dinner and folds laundry, and prays for my family and friends....who puts a schmata on my head and dusts cobwebs from the ceiling. This working/business woman thing.....GAH!!!!!!

Some women have lots of energy for doing all sorts of things, run businesses, have the kids in multiple activities, look great doing it. I only have so much energy...I am easily distracted and stressed, I have chronic illness....I know my limits and I am way past them right now.

I feel like my sugar daddy let me down. If I was going to be a working Mom, I wish he would have cued me in on it from the beginning, because then I would have made sure to finish my degree and follow my dream career instead of his. I would not have followed many of the paths in took thinking I COULD be a stay at home mom. I never complained about lack of money or not having things, I just felt very peaceful being a stay at home homeschooling mom. Now I am a stay at home, work at home, homeschooling mom...and I am not happy with the wahm part that was put on me....Not very Christian wife of me...is it?

Wow!!!! I really am whiny:tongue_smilie:

Mid-life crisis has come to get me....Oy!!!!!

:grouphug: I haven't even read them yet. I'm afraid.

I was going to post in the thankful thread yesterday, then realized many of things people were posting about I didn't have, and are areas of extreme angst for me right now. I went and had a little pity party.

Maybe I'll avoid the bread threads for now and come sit in the mid-life crisis corner with you. I'll bring some coffee.

I'll join you in the pity party. I'll bring the Baily's for our coffee.

Faithe,

What is that line in the song from when we were young.... "You may ask yourself, 'Well, how did I get here?' Letting the days go by..." (Talking Heads, right?)

I think there are just certain points in our lives where we wake up and say, "I don't think I bought a ticket to be on this train." I think that's good! I don't think it's whiny and bad. Realizing what you do want and what you don't want is great. The only problem is how to communicate that effectively to your partner. You know, so no one gets defensive. (Rolling my eyes at myself, because I'm a great one to talk -- I usually deliver my realizations at high volume and with incendiary language. :001_huh:) I think it's reasonable to convey "I'm not handling this well. What short-term changes and long-term plans can we put in place so we both feel good about where we are going?" And then, stay quiet (the almost impossible part for me) and make him talk for awhile. :grouphug::grouphug:

Faithe,

What is that line in the song from when we were young.... "You may ask yourself, 'Well, how did I get here?' Letting the days go by..." (Talking Heads, right?)

I think there are just certain points in our lives where we wake up and say, "I don't think I bought a ticket to be on this train." I think that's good! I don't think it's whiny and bad. Realizing what you do want and what you don't want is great. The only problem is how to communicate that effectively to your partner. You know, so no one gets defensive. (Rolling my eyes at myself, because I'm a great one to talk -- I usually deliver my realizations at high volume and with incendiary language. :001_huh:) I think it's reasonable to convey "I'm not handling this well. What short-term changes and long-term plans can we put in place so we both feel good about where we are going?" And then, stay quiet (the almost impossible part for me) and make him talk for awhile. :grouphug::grouphug:

I think we are up to the part where he does the talking....:D

Right now, I think he thinks I am being a petulant toddler.

I wonder where he even gets these ideas:glare:

I think we are up to the part where he does the talking....:D

Right now, I think he thinks I am being a petulant toddler.

I wonder where he even gets these ideas:glare:

Well, don't worry about what he thinks right now. :) Just concentrate on staying quiet until he figures out what to say. If it drags on too long, try something like "I need your thoughts on this." Then silence again. The silence part darn near kills me, but when I can do it, it really does work.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I felt kinda loser like reading thru that thread. Can I join ya'll for the Baily's/coffee thang?

:cheers2:

We'll get a sign to warn others. "Please use caution when entering this corner. Please ignore the high pitched sounds of Jabberwocky being sung to an unknown tune, the laughter after hearing lines from Galaxy Quest, and the bad jokes about plumbing. You will be better received if you bring coffee, Baileys, chocolate, or a massage therapist."

Geeze, Karen, you're gonna have a stampede to your door! ;)

Faithe, I hope you are doing well this morning!

:D

That is what I will glue on my face.

:glare: is really how I feel inside.....

Yep, mid-life crisis in bloom. I feel like going out and buying a little red 1964 Mustang convertible and having a facelift/tummy tuck. Oh, stupid money!

You don't ever really know what someone else's life is like or what may be causing them pain. We all do the best we can with what we're given. "Looking impressive" may not be all it's cracked up to be.

I guess I'm at a point where I value friendships that look past all that other stuff.

Yep. This. I haven't read through that thread because I have learned that those types sometimes lead me to thoughts of "what would have been." But, we (my husband and I) look really good on paper. The reality is we are boring and mundane. And for now it's our preference!!

We'll get a sign to warn others. "Please use caution when entering this corner. Please ignore the high pitched sounds of Jabberwocky being sung to an unknown tune, the laughter after hearing lines from Galaxy Quest, and the bad jokes about plumbing. You will be better received if you bring coffee, Baileys, chocolate, or a massage therapist."

:thumbup1: Paula, you are my kinda people!!

:grouphug: Oh honey.

Come over. I'll make you some coffee or pour you a glass of wine. I have a bottle of organic merlot that is open. I even have some chocolate ice cream.

It's an open invite, right?

Yep. This. I haven't read through that thread because I have learned that those types sometimes lead me to thoughts of "what would have been." But, we (my husband and I) look really good on paper. The reality is we are boring and mundane. And for now it's our preference!!

Perspective. Right. Thanks.

Yes...we can talk books and feel smart!

This. They don't have to be classics, right?!

That is what I will glue on my face.

:glare: is really how I feel inside.....

Yep, mid-life crisis in bloom. I feel like going out and buying a little red 1964 Mustang convertible and having a facelift/tummy tuck. Oh, stupid money!

MF-"you are not called to be successful, you are called to be faithful." (reminding myself).

Praying for JOY and bounty for you this weekend. :grouphug:

Made me realize....I really suck at life.....

Oy!!!!!

:auto:

Going back to bed. You guys are too smart for me to keep up with....and you have LIVES beyond drudgery......

I need a nap and a new attitude.:confused:

Faithe....who is definitely having a mid-life crisis....breakdown.....( It is spring...right? )

With my background, I may be one of the people you're talking about, but try this one on... I always wanted a huge family. I really really struggled to succeed with just two pregnancies.

I look at your list of kids and think, "Wow, is she ever lucky!". :lol:

With luck, we might be able to adopt or foster one before we're done, but otherwise I'll have to concentrate on cherishing the two I was fortunate enough to have! My big family isn't gonna happen!

About a year ago I finally realized what I wanted to really be when I grew up. Then I did the math (school plus board cert plus years of practice for true competence) and realized I would just be hitting my stride... Right around retirement age! Not to mention doing all that while homeschooling???

No do-over button.

I dove bigger into homeschooling. :001_smile:

With my background, I may be one of the people you're talking about, but try this one on... I always wanted a huge family. I really really struggled to succeed with just two pregnancies.

I look at your list of kids and think, "Wow, is she ever lucky!". :lol:

With luck, we might be able to adopt or foster one before we're done, but otherwise I'll have to concentrate on cherishing the two I was fortunate enough to have! My big family isn't gonna happen!

:grouphug::grouphug:

Thanks for the perspective.

No suggestions. I feel the same way myself right now.

But you gave me some support in another thread (the 'hey we're all dealing with something' thread) and I wanted to say Thanks. That meant a lot for me that day.

Little impacts. Baby steps. Community consolation. Sometimes that's all we can do at some points in our lives.

No suggestions. I feel the same way myself right now.

But you gave me some support in another thread (the 'hey we're all dealing with something' thread) and I wanted to say Thanks. That meant a lot for me that day.

Little impacts. Baby steps. Community consolation. Sometimes that's all we can do at some points in our lives.