Menu

If you could move anywhere in the US, where would you move?

Maine, somewhere coastal. If money was no object it would be Westport Island. We’ve stayed there on vacation a few times and just love it. We plan on visiting different areas on the coast at different times of the year to make sure we really love it there. We can live anywhere with dh’s business, so it’s a matter of deciding where. I also wouldn’t mind living in the German village in Columbus, Ohio. The area and the homes have so much character, and the people were really friendly.

I don't know! I look, because I'm not really sure this is where I want to spend the rest of my life, but it's kind hard for us to find places that are a good match or both me and DH's list of ideals and necessities, and if we move again, I want it to be somewhere where we can truly settle down and be satisfied.

That link is hilarious! I'm dying to know what their actual criteria is for approved towns. One of the approved towns on the list for TX is a huge tourist town, but they do not welcome newcomers at all. Another one on the approved list isn't even a real town. It's more of a tourist village inside of the town I live in! Some of the towns on the disapproved list are fabulous places to live.

I live near Boston, and wouldn't want to live anywhere else :D

Cost of living is high, but IMO that's the price to pay for living near so many great resources. Lots of culture, museums, education, stuff to do; beautiful nature very close by (and we actually live near nature, but only 30 minutes from downtown Boston); great people. The weather can be miserable, but honestly I think I like it better than if I lived someplace that was always warm and sunny. :tongue_smilie:

Ditto. But over the NH line. :)

NC, TN, upstate NY, Maine, NH, and Maine.

YES, to New England! I can't tolerate the southern heat!

Are you here on a temporary stop back in the states? If you are, I'd go to one of the states with no state income tax so that you can claim residence when you leave again....

:) New Hampshire.

I wouldn't move, I really like Houston. It has a low COL, lots of sports and cultural programming, nice weather 8 months of the year and great hsing laws and support. Galveston's beaches aren't the best, but they're close enough for a day trip or weekend and great for long walks. The Houston Grand Opera, Alley Theatre and Houston Ballet are very good companies and it's easy to get to the theater district. There's a lot of variety here and interesting corners to explore.

The down sides are the miserably hot and humid summers and allergy season.

:iagree:

I live in Houston too!!! What part do you live in? I live in the Cy-fair area.