Menu

I'm beginning to regret signing up for Amazon Prime.

Some have suggested that I wasn't paying attention and that's why this happened, but nope, that's not it. I was careful to check each and every item that I ordered to be sure it met the criteria.

My guess is that they had "x" amount in stock and you ordered more than that. I know if their on hand gets below a certain point it normally gives some warning, but I don't know what number that is.

I am another one that has never had problems getting my Prime orders on time.

I've had Amazon Prime since August and everything has come when they said it would, except for one item that was supposed to be a Christmas present that was ordered in plenty of time even if the 2 day shipping didn't apply. It came after Christmas, and since it was supposed to be a stocking present, that sort of sucked.

I still think it's worth it.

I've had Prime for years, I live in a rural area, and my orders always come in two days. In fact, I ordered several things on Thursday afternoon, expecting them to arrive today, and they came via FedEx Overnight yesterday. The one time things went wrong, UPS temporarily "misplaced" an 8' javelin in a PVC tube (I mean, how can you lose that????), and Amazon gave me a $10 credit. (They also assigned someone to personally track it down and make sure it was expedited to me.)

Amazon is pretty much my "Wal-Mart". I get packages several times a week.

Yup, me, too. Amazon Prime + weekly deliveries from a local organic farm = rarely having to step foot in an actual store. I'm so spoiled by Prime and the CSA that, on the rare occasion I actually have to drive somewhere to shop, I get really annoyed at the inconvenience!

Jackie

I've had prime for years, and for me it depends on what day I order if I will receive the item in two days. M-W, yes, Th-S, no. I'm okay with that.

This is true for us too. Either way they use two day shipping but to get it in two days for sure I need to order M through W. Week-ends seem to be the issue.

I live in a somewhat rural area in WV, and I nearly always get my prime orders within 2 days. (If you order at night, it is 2.5 business days, but they often arrive in 1.5 days.)

I probably order from Amazon 10-20 times per month on average. (Yes, you read that right.) 95% of those orders have been prime eligible, and I'd say 98% of the prime orders arrive within 2 business days. Any that took longer were maybe one day longer. I've never had them late enough to wonder what happened to them.

It might be your local carrier. Definitely complain.

I've ordered more than I care to admit and have only had an order arrive past the due date two or three times, and it's not been Amazon's fault. Did you contact customer service? It's been my experience that they'll bend over backwards to make it right.

:iagree:

i order a ton, a ton -- and i have never had an issues with anything shipped from amazon

My guess is that they had "x" amount in stock and you ordered more than that. I know if their on hand gets below a certain point it normally gives some warning, but I don't know what number that is.

I am another one that has never had problems getting my Prime orders on time.

That was my assumption as well. The highest number I've seen listed was "20 in stock". They still should have shipped the in stock number in two days.