Menu

Is anyone else really excited that we are talking "education"

:) This is exactly what I needed this week! We will be going into year 3 of hs'ing, and I just knew I needed to do something that was not "pre-planned" for me. Yet I was second guessing myself and the "everything in one box" idea kept calling my name :lol: Thanks to all who have contributed to these threads. It has given me so much encouragement and many, many things to think about.

Again??? I just LOVE it...I LOVE the theories, thoughts experiences, philosophies, biographies, books, lectures, mp3s......ALL OF IT!!!!!

I think I found what gives me my charge!!

Now, what do I do with it as I process it??

Faithe

Yes! These threads have been wonderful and motivational. I haven't felt like I really have anything to contribute, but I have been soaking it in. :001_smile:

Every summer I make myself a teacher sabbatical reading list. I always include TWTM, one or two volumes of CM and a NEW to me teaching book or books. My eyesight is beginning to get crummy, so these Circe lectures are just what the Dr. Ordered.

One year I listened to a gazillion Veritas Press Mp3s....and several years I listen to the tapes from our homeschool convention, which I can never get to.

One year I worked through the Life of Fred Books:D

I think of it all as my teacher in training. It feeds my intellect...it gives me something to chew on....and then bring it back to the table, the kitchen table:D, for my kids.

I love educational theory....old, old educational theory....and how it jives with homeschooling....and then, how do we modern it up without changing or wrecking it.

I am babbling.....sorry. Sitting out in the sunshine, enjoying our unseasonably warm weather and creating Hero Factory Lego monsters with my boys....:D. Not sure where that all fits in with my educational philosophy, but....it is a beautiful day.

Faithe

Edited by Mommyfaithe