Menu

Silly comment about "The Sound of Music"

I woke up to find my 9yo daughter in the middle of watching The Sound of Music. I sat down to check my email and this board when the Reverend Mother began singing "Climb Ev'ry Mountain." All of the sudden I got to thinking about my life and how this homeschooling thing is like that song - it takes all the love you can give, every day of your life for as long as you live.

That's all. Just thought it was kind of nifty.:)

When I was little and the Sound of Music was on TV every year, I used to hate that song. Her voice is SO high, it annoyed me.

As a grown woman, who has more years under her belt, that song makes me cry. Every time I hear it, I cry. It's amazing, powerful, moving. And well sung.

I love it.

Ya know...when I was a child that was one of my two favorite musicals and I watched it every day, sometimes multiple times, on our VCR (betamax). I always liked listening to Rev Mother sing--her voice was so powerful and rich--but the song itself [Climb Every Mountain] didn't speak to me very much.

Now I'm older and hopefully a wee bit wiser and I find that the song resonates with me so much more.

And the Puppet song still cracks me up every time I hear it. :D

When I was little and the Sound of Music was on TV every year, I used to hate that song. Her voice is SO high, it annoyed me.

As a grown woman, who has more years under her belt, that song makes me cry. Every time I hear it, I cry. It's amazing, powerful, moving. And well sung.

I felt the exact same way as a kid...and now I cry everytime!

I love it.

It used to bring tears to my eyes once I became an adult, but not any more after Remudamon's comment.....

Sing with me...........

"Teach every subject, Read all the books, just ignore your neighbors, giving dirty looks!"

Now I am inspired! :lol: