Menu

Record heat here in West Michigan

It was 86 degrees here today. Our "normal" is 45. The all time record was only 82 for March and we beat that.

It is HOT HOT HOT. Just 10 days ago I was riding my horse and it was SNOWING..........yes, SNOWING and now we are warmer than the Bahamas.

My friend flew in from Alaska today and it is 135 degrees warmer here than what she left.

Just waiting for a late season blizard to give us a dose of reality.

Acutally though, it could really hurt the fruit farmers as things are budding so early and our last frost date isn't until the end of MAY---so at least 8 weeks away.

Actually though, it could really hurt the fruit farmers as things are budding so early and our last frost date isn't until the end of MAY---so at least 8 weeks away.

I was just thinking of that today. :sad:

We are in the thumb area, and it was very warm here today also--high temp of 81.

83 degrees in NH today. It has killed the Maple Sugar Season big time. I don't think the sap ran for more than two weeks before the trees started budding. Once that happens the syrup starts getting an off taste. I'm stocking up.

Can't help but wonder if the world is out of kilter. We had 23 inches of snow on Halloween and in all my years of living in NH I have never seen more than and inch or two that early.

83 degrees in NH today. It has killed the Maple Sugar Season big time. I don't think the sap ran for more than two weeks before the trees started budding. Once that happens the syrup starts getting an off taste. I'm stocking up.

Can't help but wonder if the world is out of kilter. We had 23 inches of snow on Halloween and in all my years of living in NH I have never seen more than and inch or two that early.

I agree. I find it hard to celebrate these warm days when I know they are the result of global warming, which is terribly frightening. I worry for my kids.

We are from West Michigan (moved 5 years ago due to the Mi job situation at the time, go figure) and my cousin posted on FB that they were saying on the radio that it was warmer in Holland than it was in Cancun LOL. She said the Tulips were already opening but they are really short. Crazy!

I grew up in Holland and am thinking it will be "stem festival" this year. Holland can be so beautiful during Tulip Tim.

I'm in West MI too- I took my kids to the beach today! (Not Lake Michigan' date=' just a little lake) We had a great time.[/quote']

My DD took her sons to Holland state park today. Sunburned, no rest rooms open but they had a great time!

I grew up in Holland and am thinking it will be "stem festival" this year. Holland can be so beautiful during Tulip Tim.

West Michigan here too!

My weeping Cherry tree and my Mongolia tree both burst into bloom over night! DH is working hard to get the gardens cleaned up.

We may have Tulip Time without any Tulips this year!

Yesterday it was 87 which is the HIGHEST temperature ever recorded in March. The earliest it has EVER reached 87 was April 29 or something like that.........but that was 60+ years ago.

I honestly will welcome temps in teh 50s and lower 60s next week. Much better for working around the yard and horseback riding.