Menu

Peeing on my Peace Hill Press bag was the last straw

Seriously. I'm all done now. What has come over my cat? She's a wonderful cat. We've had her for four years and she's very laid back and has never, ever been a problem. Now she's peeing on things that are left on the floor. I know I don't keep the tidiest house but please, I want to be able to keep my book bag under my desk without it getting peed on.

Should I take her to the vet? Is this a physical thing rather than just a cat who likes the floors to be free of clutter? Does she have something against Peace Hill Press? Maybe she feels I spend too much time reading and not enough time petting her?

Ugh. I just got my 2 year old toilet trained. I want to be finished with pee/poo issues please. Any help or advice is really appreciated.

Take her to the vet. Every time my well-behaved cat did this, it was a urinary tract infection. After you get her checked and start treatment, be sure to clean the litter box daily and to give fresh water daily. You might need to try a better cat box filler for a while, such as Cat Attract, to help her remember where she should go. Petzyme works wonders with the smell from spots she made on the carpets and furniture.

Take her to the vet. Every time my well-behaved cat did this, it was a urinary tract infection. After you get her checked and start treatment, be sure to clean the litter box daily and to give fresh water daily. You might need to try a better cat box filler for a while, such as Cat Attract, to help her remember where she should go. Petzyme works wonders with the smell from spots she made on the carpets and furniture.

I second this. Our cat was banned to the great outdoors. A round of antibiotics later and she is sleeping inside again.

And as far as kitty litter goes, make sure it doesn't "dust up" in her face when she paws it.

I prefer to buy the "clumping" kind for my cat's kitty box, but I have to be careful to get the kind without sharp edges. Some of the litter out there is little better than sharp, tiny gravel. She won't even paw at the sharp stuff, and she is a real bruiser of an outdoor cat who only uses it for emergencies (like when we're all trapped inside during tornado alerts...).

asta

:iagree: Just hopping on the UTI band wagon. The only other non-medical possibility coming to mind is that there's something about the litter box that she's not liking. Whether it was recently moved, a change of litter, etc.

Should I take her to the vet? Is this a physical thing rather than just a cat who likes the floors to be free of clutter? Does she have something against Peace Hill Press? Maybe she feels I spend too much time reading and not enough time petting her?

No advice here but hope it gets better!! I'm not a "cat" person.