Menu

Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts today...so much happening.

Today is the day of our home inspection (for those of you who have been following my posts, we are in contract for our first home) and praying it goes without a hitch. DH is travelling abroad right now so I'm on my own with this:001_smile:.

Received a Skype call from dh this morning and for the first time in a while he sounds so excited; things are going well for him on this trip and I am so grateful.

Finally (and of course most importantly :tongue_smilie:), Ds has his final hockey game this morning (most of which I will likely miss due to the house inspection); if they win, they're off to the championships (it's just the YMCA championships but for DS it may as well be the OLympics......:D)

Thank you for all the support everyone has been offering me here. :001_smile:

Good luck!!! Expect that the inspector will generate a list of minor problems - this is typical, often even for new construction but moreso for lived-in houses (we have had everything from a 120 y.o. house to brand new). Hope for nothing major!!! So exciting!!!

Thank you all! Just returned home--first things first--DS's team won! They're going to the championship next week! He's thrilled. Unfortunately, I had to leave 20 minutes into the game, but I'll get to see him next week.

Inspector generated a list of issues, but nothing terribly major. Probably 3 things that NEED to be dealt with asap. Maybe the seller will fix them for us? We'll see if we can negotiate that.

Thank you for all the good wishes and prayers! I'm tired but taking the kids to a birthday party this afternoon--I think I'll just sit and be unsocial LOL....