Menu

Make-up removal help?

Jeez, I have been wearing make up since I was a teen. However I haven't really worn it at all in the last few years.

My dd14 is interesting in make-up so in the spirit of being her role model I have decided to start wearing it again to help her learn how.

However my skin isn't as young as it used to be and I need a gentle way to remove the make up.

Suggestions? :)

I wear contacts. You should wear waterproof mascara if you wear contacts because it is less likely to get on your contacts. Therefore, I use the eyemakeup remover by Sephora and then I use Purity from Philosophy. My moisturizer changes depending upon where I live. :tongue_smilie:

I absolutely love the Mary Kay Timewise line. The cleanser is gentle and their moisturizer is great. They also have an amazing eye makeup remover that has won multiple awards for its effectiveness and gentleness. They just came out with botanicals line that is really great for extra sensitive skin, if you need is something you need.

I just started selling MK because I love it so much for myself, so if you need a consultant, pm me.

I like baby wipes. I don't know if they'd work on waterproof makeup, though.

;) they do! We don't have babies anymore, but our house, our car and my purse are always stocked with baby wipes.

Make up removal is just one of the million uses.

I have in the past used baby oil to get off really stubborn waterproof mascara; but you have to be very very careful if you wear contacts.

Someone mentioned olive oil...I knew someone once who used olive oil as a moisturizer...hmmm...might have to try olive oil.

~coffee~

Jeez, I have been wearing make up since I was a teen. However I haven't really worn it at all in the last few years.

My dd14 is interesting in make-up so in the spirit of being her role model I have decided to start wearing it again to help her learn how.

However my skin isn't as young as it used to be and I need a gentle way to remove the make up.

Suggestions? :)

I use {gasp} soap and water in the shower; always have for the most part. People say it damages your skin, but I haven't seen that (have gotten complements on my skin). I slather on moisturizer after I wash.

I wear mineral make-up (powder and blush) that I don't usually remove before bed. I know, I know. But it's mineral make-up which makes it good for my skin...right? Right?! :tongue_smilie: I wash my face with either Dove sensitive skin bar, a castille bar, or sometimes I nab my ds's acne cleanser if I'm having a bit of a breakout.

I use coconut oil to remove eye make-up when I wear it, then apply this eye cream. I also use this moisturizer sparingly all over my face, anywhere that feels tight or dry.

I used to swear by Purity by Philosophy until they changed the formula. Now, I find the cleanser that does the best job of removing my makeup without drying my skin out is the PM Cleanser by Skinn Cosmetics. I love the stuff because it doesn't burn my eyes, and it smells just like orange creamsicles.

Skinn is sold on the Skinn.com website, as well as on ShopNBC. Skinn has a Today's Top Value today on ShopNBC, so there are several shows all day long. If you don't get SNBC on your TV, you can watch it live at ShopNBC.com.

I get such a kick out of watching Dimitri James, who owns the company and presents all of his own products. I swear he can sell me almost anything! He really knows his stuff, and he's funny, too. I also like buying from him because Skinn is a small company and it's nice to support a family-type business. (If you call the company to ask a question or place an order, Dimitri's sister, Tina, is the one who answers the phone.)