Menu

The kindness of strangers :-)

My niece is in the Navy and was flying home for a long weekend yesterday. She got stuck in security at Denver and missed her connecting flight. The airline was totally unsympathetic and told her since it was her fault :confused: she'd have to buy another ticket ($800) to get the rest of the way home.

She called my sister (her mom) and was in tears describing her situation. She couldn't afford another ticket and was basically trapped in Denver.

Apparently a guy nearby overheard her telling my sister the situation and this perfect stranger ..... (drumroll) ...... BOUGHT HER A TICKET with his airline miles.

Isn't that a cool story? Thanks to this stranger's generosity we get to spend time with my niece this weekend :001_wub:

I'd love to hear more true "kindness of strangers" stories, if you know any. It's so encouraging to be reminded of all the GOOD things happening every day.

When I was pregnant with our second child DH, DS and I left a store around 8-9 at night and the battery on our van was dead. We'd been switching stuff around in the back and we didn't have jumper cables on us. A stranger volunteered to jump the car. When we told him we didn't have cables he went to the store, bought cables, jumped the car and gave the cables to us to keep! It was a huge blessing!

My niece is in the Navy and was flying home for a long weekend yesterday. She got stuck in security at Denver and missed her connecting flight. The airline was totally unsympathetic and told her since it was her fault :confused: she'd have to buy another ticket ($800) to get the rest of the way home.

She called my sister (her mom) and was in tears describing her situation. She couldn't afford another ticket and was basically trapped in Denver.

Apparently a guy nearby overheard her telling my sister the situation and this perfect stranger ..... (drumroll) ...... BOUGHT HER A TICKET with his airline miles.

Isn't that a cool story? Thanks to this stranger's generosity we get to spend time with my niece this weekend :001_wub:

I'd love to hear more true "kindness of strangers" stories, if you know any. It's so encouraging to be reminded of all the GOOD things happening every day.

Amazing. :)

Please share which airline this was!

And was it apparent to the airline at the time that she is in the military, and they still didn't care?

That's wonderful that the stranger did that for her. I love stories like that! So glad he was in the right place at the right time to help her and that she got to be with her family!

That was sweet of the stranger. I'd like to know what airline it was because I will make sure to never fly using them! Family members and I have missed connections before and never had a problem getting another flight, even if it was our own fault.

And was it apparent to the airline at the time that she is in the military, and they still didn't care?

That's wonderful that the stranger did that for her. I love stories like that! So glad he was in the right place at the right time to help her and that she got to be with her family!

I don't know if they knew. Probably. Even though she wasn't in uniform, I can't imagine her not mentioning words like "navy, leave, family" while she begged for mercy.

That's so amazing!!

I once left my purse in the bathroom stall at the busy Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta (had a squirmy toddler and the stroller and he had flipped the sun shade thingy and made my camera drop to the floor, so ALOT going on in that bathroom stall at the time, lol).

15 minutes later, realized my purse was not with me, had a minor panic attack, figure I would check the bathroom, nope, not there. Wallet, CAR KEYS and we lived in a different state!!, all our vacation cash, etc. Panic!! Went to the Customer Service desk, nope not turned in.

One last thought, there was a desk where you could buy area tickets, it was right outside the hallway to the bathrooms....thought I would just try and see, perhaps...maybe....asked the staff member at that desk, and YES, she had my purse!! Nothing was missing, nothing was touched. Truly made me rethink my thoughts on humanity that day!!