Menu

What kind of homeschooler are you?

Neo-Classical - Math and Science are heavily emphasized along with technology and very geeky pursuits such as our competitive rocketry team, Lego Mindstorms, teaching computer languages such as Java, etc.

We are a house of nerds :001_smile:. Chess is our main sport :D - the youngest is unbelievably talented in this pursuit - the dog is named Clives Staples Lewis (Lewis for short, C.S. when he's in trouble)...that probably speaks volumes about us.

Dh flies remote control airplanes when he has a chance and large rockets too. I quilt therefor I AM! However, I'm a classical pianist as well and so, really, we are just weird! :lol:

We've graduated one - she is currently working as a paramedic, has two + years of pre-med/chemistry completed and has decided against med school. She loves trauma medicine and disaster response coordination. So, she will likely finish a degree in emergency medical management.

I also work 3 hrs. per day at a private school teaching chemistry, tutoring for ACT prep, and giving career/college guidance counseling. On Saturdays, I work at a quilt store. However, the quilt store job is definitely temporary...just for some extra money now. I seriously doubt I'll be working there in the fall, but one never knows. I love my private school job and will have to consider whether or not I want to renew my contract.

Mostly, busy, geeky, classical, and finding myself greatly stretched by such subjects as Art History.

Faith

The goal is rigorous/classical/secular.

Some days it feels anything but...

We do have a few eclectic tendencies and some CM tendencies in the early years. And by classical I mean a more WTM classical than LCC classical.

This is pretty much how it is here. I follow the WTM method, more or less, but do some things our own way. I'm branching out a little more, with some new ideas, but I strive to be somewhat rigorous. Definitely secular.