Menu

Lesson Plans

Dthornton12

I make a chart in Word. I make it 3 rows-one row for each kiddo. Then I make columns across the top-math, language arts, history, science, bible, art/music. I write in our weekly plan by subject according to kiddo. It's very simple and I can tell at a glance if I'm on track for the week or not. I like mine broken up by subject and I like to plan by the week. I hate daily grids and daily plans. I like flexibility during my week and not being tied to a specific outline.

I just bought the Ultimate Homeschool Planner from Apologia and I love it. It allows you to set up your planning like my grid (or any other way you choose) because it's very open-ended. I've found it perfect for my planning. :001_smile:

I spent literally WEEKS looking for the "perfect planner" In the end I with the $3 "teacher's daily plan book" from staples. It was in with the other teacher supplies. It has the days of the week across the top and a space to list subjects down the side. I only have one, but I plan to just have a book for each child when the time comes.

Here is what I have used, adapting it from the Tanglewood Core Book. I print one for each student on different colors (dd9 is on gree, ds6 is on red, etc). Sometimes it is well-planned out with specific lesson numbers and comments filling each box. Sometimes it's more like a recording of what we did than a plan for what we will do. Either way, it's always in pencil :tongue_smilie: