Menu

Please Pray for our Family

cin

My MIL is dying, plain and simple. She has some type of dementia (it's a LONG name) and a little bit of Alzheimer's. About 2 weeks ago, she got combative and started beating on the aides. She also decided to stop taking her meds and has been eating less and less. We went took her to the Geriatric Psych ward and they gave her some anti-psychotics to help her calm down. They calmed her down, and it was like taking the wind out of her sails.

They have decreased the anti-psych meds, but she hasn't 'come back'. She is still not eating and refusing her meds, as much as she can. Today, she was totally blank when DH went to see her. He talked to her, but there was no response. He said it was like an empty shell.

DH seems to be doing ok, but I'm not sure. He has told me that he mourned the loss of his mother months ago. DD10, my aspie/amxiety/depression/SID child was close to grandma, and is not doing well. She's having mini breakdowns daily, several times a day. DH doesn't want to hear about it, so I'm running solo with her. Oh, and DD7 is oblivious to everything. Except when she feeds off of the stress of everybody else. :glare: I'm feeling like stretch Armstrong. Anybody remember him? Oh, and through all this, I'm mourning my MIL. We had a pretty decent relationship. As long as we didn't discuss child-rearing.