Menu

If You Know Anything About Houston and Restaurants...

My dh just got a bonus from work today, so he has asked me to plan out a spectacular date night for us. I am wanting to know some recs for amazing restaurants in the Houston area. We can spend up to $200 for both of us to eat, so I'm wanting something super fancy and romantic. The restaurant of famous chef would just be a bonus :001_smile:.

So help me plan my date night!

FYI, this is not normal for us by a long shot. The last time we were able to do something like this was 5 years ago, so think big!

I know it's a chain, but Pappa's Steakhouse. If you drink wine, it has a great list, the steaks are top notch, and the service is implacable. Now that I'm no longer in Texas, I miss all the Pappas restaurants.

If you like Italian, I'm a fan of Damian's. DH and I would eat there once a week back when we lived downtown (or Midtown, whatever they call it now). Tony's is also very fancy. I wouldn't say the food was outstanding, but I thought the experience was as close to a "New York fine dining" experience as Houston offers.

ETA: If you want big and Houston specific, I'd go with Tony's. It's been a Houston institution for years, where ever the location. Is Cafe Annie still open?

Edited by ErinE

Do you drink alcohol?

If so, Tony's will probably go over $200.

If you do not drink alcohol, go to Mark's American Cuisine.

Brennan's is excellent.

Damian's is good.

Cafe Annie is still open.

Some of our favorites date night spots are Haven, Shade (Heights), Capitol Grill, Daily Review Cafe, Trevisio (Med Center), Artista, Hugo's, Benji's, and Sullivan's.

There are so many fabulous restaurants in Houston. Yummy. Tell me what atmosphere you want, and I can make better suggestions.

Sambuca has good food and live music in the theater district. It will come to about $50 per person with a midling bottle of wine. With a $200 budget, how about tickets to a show combined with a lower priced dinner? TUTS and BBA combine dinner and tickets to a traveling Broadway show for about $50-100 per person.

Hmmmm.

Flora and Muse in CityCenter. It's quaint (the good quaint, not the condescending kind). Straits, also. It's in Hotel Sorella. There's a lot of things in CityCentre, but we've not made it through them yet:tongue_smilie: Brennan's. Branch Water Tavern. Feast.

We normally go eat for Happy Hour (it allows us to try nice places without paying too much).

I love Shearn's in Galveston. Chef Urs is phenomenal.

Jasper's in the Woodlands (I've never been to this one, but the one in Austin I love so much.)

I read this daily. Houston Press Eating Our Words