Menu

Anyone near Charlotte, NC?

• 3 weeks later...
I may be in. It will depend on the day/time.

Are there any older kids? I will probably only bring my youngest if it is a young crowd.

Where are you all in Charlotte? I am South of Charlotte.

My oldest is dd10. We are near Uptown, but I am willing to drive since most people are probably more toward S Charlotte.

Hi ladies! I just noticed this thread and wanted to let you know about a co-op that meets in the Charlotte area. I noticed that a couple of you are new to the area and co-ops sure do help out in the friend department. Our co-op is centered around TOG, Apologia science, and IEW. We're about 28 families now and I'll just tell you that it has been such a blessing to my crew! We're opening up for applications starting this month if any of you are interested. PM me and I will be happy to give you more info.

Sandra

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wondering how y'all have met other homeschoolers here.. Do you participate in a co-op, meet through other homeschool classes, park days etc? I've been feeling kind of on my own lately and would like to have some homeschool friends (for me and the kids), but some of the threads on here have scared me about co-ops.

Just wondering how y'all have met other homeschoolers here.. Do you participate in a co-op, meet through other homeschool classes, park days etc? I've been feeling kind of on my own lately and would like to have some homeschool friends (for me and the kids), but some of the threads on here have scared me about co-ops.

Pretty much everyone at my church homeschools and all of us in different ways. That's definitely been a blessing for me because I can't drive so can't get out much through the week. Sorry I can't be more helpful. :(

• 3 months later...

Hey Mamas, I'm about an hour south of Charlotte. I have 4 kids, 14 yr old boy, 11 yr old girl, 6 yr old boy and a 4 month old baby girl. I just seen this post and would love to meet some other mamas. We moved to SC about 6 yrs ago, kinda lonely down here! :)

I have a 6 yr old boy and a 4 month old daughter, too! I live in North Charlotte, so it would probably 1.5 hrs between us.

I would love to meet others in the N. Charlotte area and am willing to coordinate a park day if there is any interest.

Hey Mamas, I'm about an hour south of Charlotte. I have 4 kids, 14 yr old boy, 11 yr old girl, 6 yr old boy and a 4 month old baby girl. I just seen this post and would love to meet some other mamas. We moved to SC about 6 yrs ago, kinda lonely down here! :)

Would anyone be interested in setting up a meeting after the holidays so we can all meet? It would be nice to meet some boardies from the area and make some new friends. I would be happy to coordinate something if there is interest. We can do a mom only meet-up or a mom and kid meet-up... pm me if interested.

• 3 weeks later...

This may seem random but .. I have a kind of large wooden puzzle of Australia that was given to me by a friend when she closed her Montessori school and it needs a new home because we are moving. Would any of you ladies appreciate it? I ask here because I need someone to come pick it up because I can't drive and shipping it would be awkward and expensive. PM me if you're interested. I'll link a photo in a bit.

Hi

We are moving- do not know for sure where yet because of job. However Charlotte area is quite likely. We would be south of Charlotte. I am wondering if anyone has an opinion of living in North vs South Carolina as far as ease of homeschooling? I heard that in SC kids can play on athletic teams at the local school and that would be nice. Other consideration or thoughts? Is one state more friendly in general to homeschoolers?

Kathy,

They're about equal, from what families who've homeschooled in both states tell me. I think SC may edge out NC now due to the sports issue, if sports is important to you. NC homeschoolers have to register and test, but they don't have to show the results to anyone. The state may request to see them, but from what I understand, you can ignore the request. (Hopefully NC homeschoolers will clarify this more.)

In SC, if you choose Option 3, most homeschool associations don't require testing and records review, or anything like that. You just register with them, check off on a form that you're abiding by the law, and that's that.

For more info about homeschooling is SC, visit my website at http://www.carolinahomeschooler.com

Warmly,

Dianna

Hi

We are moving- do not know for sure where yet because of job. However Charlotte area is quite likely. We would be south of Charlotte. I am wondering if anyone has an opinion of living in North vs South Carolina as far as ease of homeschooling? I heard that in SC kids can play on athletic teams at the local school and that would be nice. Other consideration or thoughts? Is one state more friendly in general to homeschoolers?

I think a meet and greet would be awesome! Would love to meet some mamas and get the kids to meet some new friends. I'm just south of Rock Hill in Chester. You can message me here or at rebelmama313@aol.com Let me know if you guys get something together!!! :D

Hi SCMama, please join my Facebook community at http://www.facebook.com/carolinahomeschooler (if you're on FB), or email me at director@carolinahomeschooler.com and I'll let you know what happens. I've tried to plan M&Gs before, and had a lot of no-shows, but I'm willing to give it another shot.

Warmly,

Dianna

Just a note that I've posted several new field trips in our area - Strange Science (at Discovery Place), and Robotics and Rocketry labs (Columbia, SC). Also the deadline to register for the Mayan History camp-in (Feb. 15-16 at the SC State Museum) is approaching. For more info about these and other trips, field trips, and camps, see http://www.carolinahomeschooler.com/atravel.html

I'm also planning a meet-up in Rock Hill, SC, for next week. I'll post more details soon.

Warmly,

Dianna

• 2 months later...
Guest Courtney

I have a 6 yr old boy and a 4 month old daughter, too! I live in North Charlotte, so it would probably 1.5 hrs between us.

I would love to meet others in the N. Charlotte area and am willing to coordinate a park day if there is any interest.

Hi, I am in NW Charlotte and would be interested in your park day! I have a daughter that is nine months old. We don't homeschool yet, obviously, but we plan to and I have been researching! We are looking to meet people who share our interests.