Menu

(s/o) Okay, wait. If you school in your jammies...

Same here. When they were BRAND new, like the first few days, I may not have gotten to take that morning shower but after that I just made it happen. We did a lot of exersaucers/bouncy seats in the bathroom (and quick showers!) but I managed. It is just something I need to get energized and feel good for the day.

See I don't understand this - I have 3 kids under 5 and I shower every day. Even when they were newborns I showered everyday. To me its a non-negotiable. And no my kids are not some weird angels -they get into everything yet I've just learned how to set them up so I can safely shower. My showers are not short either.

I would die without my daily morning shower -I'd feel icky all day.

I have one 16 y.o teen son who gets too comfy in his pjs. I make him shower and put on clean clothes, etc if it gets, eh... um, "funky" with B.O. (he is still reluctant to use deodorant)... thus the need for frequent showers. :svengo:Aiiiyyeeee.

If we have a scheduled appt/errand/class, the night before, he showers and lays out clothes for it. Puts on clean pjs and undies to sleep in.

For myself, I like to shower at night and put on clean jammies. I can go thru daily changes of jammies or sweats if I do not have to go anywhere. If I have to go somewhere, I am not a morning person and prep in the evening to avoid a morning scrub-a-dub-dub. But, yes, I have an extensive wardrobe of pajamas. LOL

Laundry basket is often piled with sweats and pjs. Few dressy clothes like normal people wear. Now if only my outside clothes could be that fancy and dressy. I'm stuck in "Mom" survival dress mode with my hair in a bun often. ;)

We shower at night here. I shower last thing before bed, it's my wind down - 'washing the day away'. It makes more sense to me, as we get dirty during the day - not while we're asleep. The only time I have a shower in the morning is if I'm particularly sweaty after a workout.

I hate going to bed with wet hair but I also hate blow-drying.

I like to bathe at night -- let my long (coarse) hair air partially dry -- and then while some of it is wet, put it up in a scrunchy bun to sleep in. If I go out the next day, my long hair is automatically curly and easy to put up in a barrette, ponytail, or whatever. Easy. :D

See I don't understand this - I have 3 kids under 5 and I shower every day. Even when they were newborns I showered everyday. To me its a non-negotiable. And no my kids are not some weird angels -they get into everything yet I've just learned how to set them up so I can safely shower. My showers are not short either.

I would die without my daily morning shower -I'd feel icky all day.

Me too. Kids don't affect my ability to shower. I am not sure how they would.

when do you shower? My whole life, I have gotten up and showered and dressed. Sometimes I'm not dressed til 9:30, but before I get on with the day's main "work", I've showered. I can't wake up without a shower.

So if you school in your jammies, do you shower in the afternoon before going out? Or at night? Or do you shower in the morning and put your jammies back on?

I'm like you. I can't function until I'm showered and dressed. I'm on bedrest right now due to pregnancy complications and I still bathe and dress in the morning before getting back into bed. :)

Only my kids stay in their jammies for school. They get dressed when they are done with school and ready to go outside and play. Showers for the kids are at night.

I MUST shower in the morning or I feel yucky and greasy and dirty. I dress in comfy clothes at home, not jammies but, not what I would go out in either. ;)

I'm not a morning person.

I'm not a shower every day person, either.

On days I do shower, I do so after school or during a natural break (like lunch). You know how some people need a shower to wake up? I need a shower to escape the madness that sometimes accompanies early mornings or testy students or clogged drains or chatty neighbors or that pile of dishes that apparently isn't going to wash itself. It's my re-set button, and I need it mid-day if I'm going to make it through to bedtime LOL.