Menu

Birthday gift ideas for 7 & 9 yo girls

Hit me with what you got. Rebecca will be 9 in March, doesn't play much with toys, and just got a ton of crafts for Christmas. She's about to get AG McKenna and will probably get the pajamas for girls/dolls for her birthday. Birthdays are fairly small, so maybe 1-2 more gifts?

Sylvia will turn 7 three days later. She's about to get AG Marisol, also doesn't play much with toys... and I have zero ideas for her.

Help please!

My girls really enjoyed the AG tiny treats book. They loved creating a tea party for their dolls.

http://www.amazon.com/Treats-American-Girls-Collection-Sidelines/dp/1584859792/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1326569723&sr=8-3

Maybe you could give them this book and some of the supplies needed to create the treats.

There are also other AG books like the hair salon book or a craft book to make a scarf for your doll. I've seen some of them at Michaels.

Margie

DD8's fave Christmas gift was a sewing basket and this sewing book.

I really think that AG is much better enjoyed when there is food to eat/parties to have. I would invest in some AG food (or make your own with sculpey). Maybe get a table, either from AG or Target. It changes everything!

I also like these AG books.

Last year, dd received a saucer chair from Justice with a cozy blanket, robe and slippers. It is a super awesome reading chair!

MOGO bracelets? Craft kits? Experiences/lessons for something? Zip-lining is fun and low-key. Maybe a couple of horseback riding lessons. Not sure where you live and what's available.

Oooh, thanks for reminding me! I was going to have the girls take a trail ride for their birthdays.

You seem to have the girly stuff covered and said they got lots of craft stuff for Christmas so how about some out of the box alternatives.

We bought Snap Circuits for Mikaela for Christmas. She gave it a strange look when she opened it but spent 2 hours building stuff this afternoon.

We also bout the 10 Days in Africa game as a family gift and the whole family has enjoyed playing with it. We have been doing Africa in geograophy so we picked that but there are other options.

http://www.amazon.com/10-Days-in-Africa-Game/dp/B00008ZCGX

We also bought a robot to out together from Super Droids. We haven't put it together yet but it was inexpensive and seems like it will be fun when we do. I sent these to my 9 and 10 year old nieces and they enjoyed putting them together.

http://www.superdroidrobots.com/