Menu

Which schedules out there use SOTW?

We have used SL for the last 4 years and want to use SOTW for logic stage with the AG. However, after 4 years of a schedule I just know I won't do well without some kind of guidance. So as I go through my choices I wonder if I am looking at all my options. I am looking to do a 4 year rotation with one book each year. But at this point I just want to see all schedules available with SOTW...I may be able to tweak it to work for me :D

This is what I know use SOTW:

SL

Easy Classical

Biblioplan

What else is there for me to consider? If I can't find a good fit then I have to really work on my planning skills before fall :lol::tongue_smilie:

I am using sotw with tog.

after trying to view the sample of TOG yet again, I give up on it! I downloaded a viewer, I downloaded a file. Then I couldn't see anything b/c it said I needed to click on the license sent to me. Um what? I think I would like TOG but if I can't download the sample I expect I would louse up the DE too, lol. :lol:

We are using STOW with MFW. I'm not sure if they schedule all 4 books, but I know the last 3 are scheduled.

I had no idea that MFW uses SOTW. We are doing ECC this year and I was thinking of adding something in for history. I was feeling like I couldn't do both. Thank you so much for posting this. I think I will add in SOTW vol 1 this year.:D

I just do one section per day, 3 days a week. That gets us done with all 42 chapters in roughly 36ish weeks. Very open and go! :D

(and I get library books ahead of time... have an Excel spreadsheet of all the books from the AG that my library carries, so I can look at that each week and put on hold the ones I need for a week or 2 from now)

(and I get library books ahead of time... have an Excel spreadsheet of all the books from the AG that my library carries, so I can look at that each week and put on hold the ones I need for a week or 2 from now)

so you seriously typed them all in? I see why, but the idea makes me want to run away, lol! But it's a good idea....I do have all summer....

so you seriously typed them all in? I see why, but the idea makes me want to run away, lol! But it's a good idea....I do have all summer....

Yep, it's usually 2-4 books per chapter. It's just easier for me to know ahead of time which books are available. I'd rather spend my break weeks looking up books and making a list than going through each week and searching all the books only to find that my library has 2 of the however many are listed. :tongue_smilie:

No matter what I use, if I'm using the library, I'm going to have to look the books up in the online catalog, whether it's a boxed curriculum or not (unless I purchased something like Sonlight with all the books already included). I may use MFW for Ancients next time (5th grade), and that will have the basic books I need, but I'd need to look up the book basket books still.

• 2 months later...
I had no idea that MFW uses SOTW. We are doing ECC this year and I was thinking of adding something in for history. I was feeling like I couldn't do both. Thank you so much for posting this. I think I will add in SOTW vol 1 this year.:D

SOTW 1 isn't used n MFW but the last three are. We are planning on trying to use it (SOTW1) with Creation to the Greeks. Not sure I would want to use it this year with ECC and then study it next year.