Menu

Multiple C-sections- More than 4?

Anyone have more than 4 c-sections? I have had 4 and am pregnant again and this will be my 5th. For some reason I am nervous. My dr. is fine with it. Everytime I have had one the Dr. looks at my uterus and lets me know the integrity of it and gives me his opinion. With my 4th he said I could probably have 2 more, and definitely 1 more.

Has anyone else had more, succesfully, with no problems?

FTR, Dh and I both feel like this will probably be the last.

I'm in the same boat as you, as I'll be having c-section #5 this spring. I was really nervous about it until my 18 week ultrasound, where they found that the placenta is right where it's supposed to be. That was my number one concern. I'm still a little nervous about it, but not much more than I was with the others.

I do know several people who have had five (or more!) c-sections with no problems. It's definitely becoming more common, and I think as long as you have a good doctor, you'll be fine!

I have several friends who had more than 6 c-sections. My current ob/gyn told me I will always have to have a c-section. She said there should be no problem with have more than 3 or 4 or whatever the number is. I would just be under a cautionary status as her patient. She has no problem with multiple c-sections or number of children. :) I had 3 c-sections.

Holly