Menu

Ipads.... need educating... PLEASE

Ipad1 vs Ipad2....

major differences? I notice IPad2 has IOS 5 but didn't see that with Ipad1..... is this something super duper great the Ipad2 has that 1 doesn't?

If I went with Ipad1 would most of the newer apps coming out work on it???

Storage??? I notice some apps are quite large which means a lot of large apps will eat up the storage capacity or are there other options?? Storing in the cloud??? What exactly is the CLOUD??? Store in Itunes but move to Ipad to use??

Would love some educating....:001_smile:

I have a 64gb ipad 1 and a 32gb ipad 2. The only real difference is that the ipad 2 has cameras and the ipad 1 doesn't.

Most of the apps I use don't take up to much space so I don't really have issues with that. Yes all the apps with work on either one, at least in my experience. I haven't had one app that didn't.

I also was able to download iOS 5 to the ipad 1 without any issues.

Ipad1 vs Ipad2....

major differences? I notice IPad2 has IOS 5 but didn't see that with Ipad1..... is this something super duper great the Ipad2 has that 1 doesn't?

If I went with Ipad1 would most of the newer apps coming out work on it???

Storage??? I notice some apps are quite large which means a lot of large apps will eat up the storage capacity or are there other options?? Storing in the cloud??? What exactly is the CLOUD??? Store in Itunes but move to Ipad to use??

Would love some educating....:001_smile:

I know the ipad2 has a longer battery life: 10 hours. wish I knew more though...

I have a 32 iPad 1 and its memory has been full for a long time so I got a 64 iPad 2. I was very excited about the camera, but it really isn't very good. All of our apps work on both of them.

I think I found everything I want in my 64 iPhone 4s. I'm in love with that camera.

Dh told be that he is getting the iPad 3 when it comes out. I don't even know what advantages that one has.

We have the original iPad, and with all of the traveling our kids do, I wish it had a camera so we could Skype on it. I know the iPad2 has a camera and therefore allows Skype. All things being equal, I'd choose the 2 for that reason alone. However, if there's a big difference in price, I'd maybe just stick with the original iPad. We can do everything we want to do on it, and haven't had any space/memory problems. I guess I'd certainly talk to the Apple people about whether all apps will continue working with the original iPad. That would be my main concern.

The big difference is the camera. FYI, the camera only takes good pictures outside in bright sunlight. The developers intended for the camera to be used mostly for video since most people have a smart phone or digital camera these days. The ability to Skype and use FaceTime is also a plus for the ipad2.

We have an ipad2 with only 16gb. It's fine for me but not if you want to store a lot of movies, pictures or music. We got an iPad 1 with 64gb for Christmas for dd and dh to share. Dh likes it a lot more than he expected and is finding it difficult to share so I imagine before too long we'll get him an ipad2 with 64gb and let dd have the one with no camera. I plan to switch to having dd do as many of her worksheet type school assignments on the iPad as possible.

If you can wait, the ipad3 should be coming out in 3 months or so. At that time there's a rumor that they may keep the ipad2 at a lower price.

I got the 32GB ipad2, and like the extra memory, but we have lots of videos and such on it as well and it's rarely over half full. With the iCloud you can get by with less memory.

I don't think I'd get the iPad 1 at this point -- buying 1 gen back can save money, but you'll shortly be a full 2 gen back and that can shorten how long the device is useful, so you don't save as much.

In a few months you should be able to pick up a nice ipad2 for less than an ipad1 now. ;)