Menu

Please recommend an audio book, fiction

http://www.amazon.com/Single-Shard-Newbery-Medal-Book/dp/0395978270

I have never included a link before, so I hope that works up there! It is not for the audio, but for information and reviews.

The book is "A Single Shard" by Linda Sue Park. It is a children's book, but it is just beautiful. I loved it.

The Road - it was intense, but very good. One of the best books I listened to last year

Snow Falling on Cedars

Red Scarf Girl - it's YA, but definitely kept my attention

Cry Beloved Country - I think there's two choices for narrators for this book - get the one read by a man (just can't remember who it is).

Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norrel - if you like fantasy type but realistic too (magic is part of everyday life in Victorian England) ...wonderful book - it's on my top 5 books list. I listened and read it.

The Time Traveller's Wife is one audiobook I really enjoyed. Oh - I'm also currently listening to 'Tis, by Frank McCourt. Not a new book, but fascinating story, and he reads it himself, so the Irish accent and inflections are utterly spellbinding.

If your husband wasn't involved, I'd recommend my other current listening: Shopaholic and Sister. Not great for the guys, but the reader is SO talented and uses different accents to make every character come to life.

I love audiobooks!