Menu

Each time one of our boys has been set loose* on Facebook, I feel like I've learned something new about him. I wouldn't have guessed my eleven-year-old would have worked so hard to be funny or that he would post about movies he watches with his dad. He's a serious bookworm.

Now the middle boy, about to turn nine, has an account. We started it so he could do Khan Academy and now he's on there to find friends for Words With Friends. He's made three posts so far: one to thank his grandfather for a compliment about his profile pic choice, one to chime in on what brand of chai he likes (any), and one a comment on a story someone was talking about, saying, "With a plot like that, stories don't move well." His punctuation and spelling is flawless.

I really like my kid. I guess that's all I mean to say.

*By "set loose" I mean I have their password, have veto power on friends and apps, read their every message, have strict rules about grammar, punctuation and spelling, control how much time they spend there, and they know that the slightest slip-up will get them kicked off.

FYI From facebook.

Facebook requires individuals to be at least 13 years old before they can create an account. In some jurisdictions, the age limit may be higher. Providing false information to create an account is always a violation of our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. This includes accounts registered on the behalf of under 13 year old children by older parties.

If your underage child (child under the age of 13) has created an account on Facebook, you can show them how to delete their account by having them log into their account and following this link.

If you would like to report an account registered for an underage child to us, please do so here. We will promptly delete the account of any child under the age of 13 that is reported to us through this form.

Each time one of our boys has been set loose* on Facebook, I feel like I've learned something new about him. I wouldn't have guessed my eleven-year-old would have worked so hard to be funny or that he would post about movies he watches with his dad. He's a serious bookworm.

Now the middle boy, about to turn nine, has an account. We started it so he could do Khan Academy and now he's on there to find friends for Words With Friends. He's made three posts so far: one to thank his grandfather for a compliment about his profile pic choice, one to chime in on what brand of chai he likes (any), and one a comment on a story someone was talking about, saying, "With a plot like that, stories don't move well." His punctuation and spelling is flawless.

I really like my kid. I guess that's all I mean to say.

:001_wub:

Facebook requires individuals to be at least 13 years old before they can create an account. In some jurisdictions, the age limit may be higher. Providing false information to create an account is always a violation of our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. This includes accounts registered on the behalf of under 13 year old children by older parties.

If your underage child (child under the age of 13) has created an account on Facebook, you can show them how to delete their account by having them log into their account and following this link.

If you would like to report an account registered for an underage child to us, please do so here. We will promptly delete the account of any child under the age of 13 that is reported to us through this form.

:rolleyes:

Why does someone always feel the need to post stuff like this? The OP knows the rules- sheesh!

Dragons... That's awesome! I love moments like that!

I didn't till just a while ago. :001_smile: If she does she is welcome to ignore my post and carry on.

Thanks for mentioning this. I thought of it, too, but didn't feel brave enough to say anything.

(He does sound like a great kid, though!)

He does sound like a great kid! :D