Menu

Showing of the house is over -- now we can relax................

OMG!!!!! The girls and I worked non-stop fromn 8am till 2:15pm when the prospective buyer showed up and we were walking out the door. He walked around the yard and property while he waited for our agent.

Our agent told us that they were in the house for about 25 minutes -- she said it was a very positive showing. The gentleman has an eye for detail, she said, and and eye for quality and he asked intelligent questions and was (finally someone) impressed with the kitchen appliances (she said he opened ALL the doors to the AGA and spoke intelligently about it), the washer and dryer and the fact that the cabinets in the laundry room had been the kitchen cabinets and are cherry -- and he commented that 'wow, not many people have cherry cabinets in the laundry room.' Thank you, sir!

He wanted to know when the house was going in the MLS (1/12) -- the important thing, dh and I both noticed, is that our house is a 50 year old raised rambler with amazing improvements - the rooms aren't huge (except for the great room), ALL the improvements have been done with top of the line materials and there is nothing to do but move in -- it is not blingy or fancy, but it is in the top rated school pyramid in our county and in a very central location which with the traffic around here, is key. It IS a thinking person's house, and this person sounds like a thinking person.

Our agent is encouraged - and we are so thrilled with her -- she lived across the road from our house for 12 years -- she raised 5 kids here -- still lives in town, is friends with the neighbors on both sides (yes, even mrs. scissorhands) and she has a genuine affection for this house -- she is the agent who sold it to us.

So, we will get on with the holidays and wait and see. I will try and post photos - I had dh take pix as it looked so wonderful I thought we should have pix.

It's interesting, we worked the same amount that we did all summer whenever there was a showing, but the added positive vibe from our agent made such a difference, we all feel great about all our hard work.

DD12 made snickerdoodles -- both the agent and the gentleman commented that the house smelled fantastic, the goodies we put out were wonderful, and the gentleman told our agent that he could tell the house was well taken care of not just by looking closely at things but by the way we had it staged to be shown.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, prayers and fantastic ideas -- the bears with the bow ties under the tree is just so cute -- I will definitely post a photo of that.:)

christmas_animated_gifs_33.gif

""and he commented that 'wow, not many people have cherry cabinets in the laundry room.' Thank you, sir!"""

Yes, my neighbor nearly had a heart attack when I told her that I painted my natural cherry cabinets in the laundry room black! Oh well, I like it!

It sounds like you had a great showing! Good luck to you. I can't imagine trying to keep my house clean and tidy, especially at this time of year. Actually, I don't think it is clean and tidy at any time of year.

Merry Christmas and hope you hear positive news.

Thank you all so much. I am praying that he decides that he doesn't want to take a chance on someone else making an offer when it comes on the market in January. My feeling about it is that if he is looking at this time of year AND both he and his realtor (more about that below) are looking on CL, well, he already knows there is a lack of inventory.

Turns out (did I mention this in another post?) there is only one buyer -- the same gentleman working with the realtor is the gentleman who called our agent to see the house -- which is so totally something that I would do -- so I think that makes him serious.

I will post the pix -- I actually just woke up from a 4 hour nap. I imagine I will be up for awhile now.:glare: