Menu

How do you store your homemade bread?

I'm sure this has been asked before, sorry! How do you store your homemade bread to maintain maximum freshness?

I often bake a loaf during the day so everyone can have a slice with dinner. There is enough left for sandwiches for the next day but I'm yet to work out a good way to keep it fresh overnight. Is a plastic bag really the best option? Suggestions please.

If it's soft-crusted and loaf-pan shaped, I'll use a plastic bag. Usually, though, I bake a...what would you call it, a round loaf ("wad" comes to mind but doesn't sound too appetizing)? One of those crusty flattened balls. Those I just turn cut-side down on the cutting board and cover loosely with a tea towel.

Edited by Belacqua
personal pronouns are our friends

If it's soft-crusted and loaf-pan shaped, I'll use a plastic bag. Usually, though, I bake a...what would you call it, a round loaf ("wad" comes to mind but doesn't sound too appetizing)? One of those crusty flattened balls. Those I just turn cut-side down on the cutting board and cover loosely with a tea towel.

:iagree: to it all