Menu

Disappointed :(

Last Saturday I signed up for a Joann's quilting class scheduled for today. I called on Thursday to verify the class was still going to happen. Of course they didn't know and never called me back. So I drove down to verify and pick up the needed fabric. I talked to a manager type person who said the class would occur no matter what. So I bought what I needed and started getting excited about the class.

Well I showed up this morning and the instructor never showed up. I told another manager person who called the instructor but didn't get an answer. So basically I was told too bad. They did refund what I paid for the class and the fabric but I am still really disappointed.

There were other things my family could have done today but I turned them down because I had already signed up for this class. I feel so let down.

Ugh! :grouphug: This is stinks. It's hard enough to take a "me day" and tehn to have it fall through!

I am really sorry.

Yes this is why I am so disappointed. Dh doesn't understand.

Guessing here, but I'm willing to bet that she was getting paid based on how many showed up. Were you the only person in the class?

Yes, which was known on thursday and I asked 3 times if they would cancel the class because I was the only one and was told 3 times that the class will not be cancelled. That it would just be one on one.

It's a new Joann's that is trying to get the word out that they do classes. Of course this is not the way to do so, cancelling day of.

Yes this is why I am so disappointed. Dh doesn't understand.

Yes, which was known on thursday and I asked 3 times if they would cancel the class because I was the only one and was told 3 times that the class will not be cancelled. That it would just be one on one.

It's a new Joann's that is trying to get the word out that they do classes. Of course this is not the way to do so, cancelling day of.

They should post that if X number do not sign up then it will be dropped AND people called/notified. However, it sounds like the instructor felt it just wasn't worth her time. I would write a letter about unprofessionalism.