Menu

Regret selling/giving away curriculum?

On the other side, I was upset that my mom got rid of the books she taught me to read with. Not the early readers, but those very first one. She used "A pig can Jig"

I will be keeping the books I taught my kiddos to read with. The re-bought pig can jig for my son and AAS for my dd. I loved sitting with my son with the same book (but new), it would have been even better teaching him from the same exact book I learnt with.

Other than that, I am not having any more kids, so once dd is done, we are selling. I have also sold things I bought and that didn't work for ME, if they didn't work for ds I have kept them in case the work for dd. There is a difference though if it is not going to work for you, and I have felt no regrets on that.

Once or twice, sure. More of the time though, I've kept stuff that I shouldn't have, just taking up space in our home. Some things are worth keeping -- mostly things we've loved, or things I expect we'll use in the future. Most of the time if I don't think we'll ever use it, we won't. And it's better that it be used by someone else than taking up space, unused in my house. :)

So give it away. Someone else will be thrilled. :)

(On the other hand, don't loan out things that you know you will need again. Invite people over to inspect things they want to see in person, but don't loan it out if you can't afford to have it be lost forever.)

I agree with the above posters. I have only regretted selling curriculum once. I sold Writing Strands, then rebought it when I thought that maybe, just maybe it would turn out to be what I wanted since I had homeschooled for a couple more years. Nope. My first impression was the correct - Writing Strands is not for us.

Just as others have said, I have occasionally regretted loaning things. It's weird that sometimes the very nicest people do not take care of things the way I would if I had borrowed them from someone else. I have had things come back dog-eared and written on. One item has a muddy footprint on it, and another (a specialty spelling book that cost $60) has a bicycle tread mark. :confused: Only lend out things you really don't care about.

Just get rid of it, and don't look back.

GardenMom

Once or twice, sure. More of the time though, I've kept stuff that I shouldn't have, just taking up space in our home. Some things are worth keeping -- mostly things we've loved, or things I expect we'll use in the future.

(On the other hand, don't loan out things that you know you will need again. Invite people over to inspect things they want to see in person, but don't loan it out if you can't afford to have it be lost forever.)

:iagree:

Once or twice, sure. More of the time though, I've kept stuff that I shouldn't have, just taking up space in our home. Some things are worth keeping -- mostly things we've loved, or things I expect we'll use in the future. Most of the time if I don't think we'll ever use it, we won't. And it's better that it be used by someone else than taking up space, unused in my house. :)

So give it away. Someone else will be thrilled. :)

This.