Menu

More complaints about the housing market

Auction homes should have *no basis* for an appraisal for your home. But, a glut of homes on the market, will. An auction home usually couldn't be sold either as a short-sale or on the foreclosure market (usually means there is a LOT wrong with it...not always, but usually). Having bid on auction homes, most of the people bidding are professionals, who intend to "flip" the home to re-sell it for a profit. In our area, professionals won't bid on a home they can't get at least for 50% of what they think they can sell it for once repairs are made. Maybe this news will brighten your mood a bit??

I'm sorry, though. I know how frustrating it can be!! We've had foreclosures included in two appraisals (one when we purchased our land, and one when we got our home loan... because it was the house next door). Appraisals *can* be challenged -- especially if they include foreclosures or auctions.

Our house is going to be appraised shortly. Based upon recent sales, it should appraise for anywhere between $500,000 and $550,000. As long as we make the lower number, I'll be thrilled (considering a year ago, they said $425,000).

Auction homes should have *no basis* for an appraisal for your home. But, a glut of homes on the market, will. An auction home usually couldn't be sold either as a short-sale or on the foreclosure market (usually means there is a LOT wrong with it...not always, but usually). Having bid on auction homes, most of the people bidding are professionals, who intend to "flip" the home to re-sell it for a profit. In our area, professionals won't bid on a home they can't get at least for 50% of what they think they can sell it for once repairs are made. Maybe this news will brighten your mood a bit??

I'm sorry, though. I know how frustrating it can be!! We've had foreclosures included in two appraisals (one when we purchased our land, and one when we got our home loan... because it was the house next door). Appraisals *can* be challenged -- especially if they include foreclosures or auctions.

Our house is going to be appraised shortly. Based upon recent sales, it should appraise for anywhere between $500,000 and $550,000. As long as we make the lower number, I'll be thrilled (considering a year ago, they said $425,000).

The house was owned by a woman who passed away. Her kids live in Florida and just wanted to get rid of it. It was sold to a guy who is going to rent it out (yeah, another rental on our street :glare:) and he was the only one that bid. I think we're going to get a third realtor out here to give us an opinion and decide from there.