Menu

2011 PSAT scores are in !!!

We still have not received scores. I decided to call this morning. It is very surprising to me the misinformation that these operators have. I was told that the school would have a copy of my son's scores even though I know they won't.

I called a second time. The woman was much more helpful. Pulled up my son's information and then would not give me the access code. She said all the information was correct so the school should receive the score. Ugh. I did the whole homeschool rigamarole. I know she didn't believe me.

I asked her what was an acceptable time to wait before they would be considered misdirected. She said the scores won't be mailed until the 15 th. I said that was interesting because all the homeschoolers that took the test with my son have received their scores. That stumped her. She told me to call back on Monday. I expect similar results. I am just going to hope that the scores arrive soon.

It just frustrates me that she is staring at my son's profile and can't give me the code as his guidance counselor.

We still have not received scores. I decided to call this morning. It is very surprising to me the misinformation that these operators have. I was told that the school would have a copy of my son's scores even though I know they won't.

I called a second time. The woman was much more helpful. Pulled up my son's information and then would not give me the access code. She said all the information was correct so the school should receive the score. Ugh. I did the whole homeschool rigamarole. I know she didn't believe me.

I asked her what was an acceptable time to wait before they would be considered misdirected. She said the scores won't be mailed until the 15 th. I said that was interesting because all the homeschoolers that took the test with my son have received their scores. That stumped her. She told me to call back on Monday. I expect similar results. I am just going to hope that the scores arrive soon.

It just frustrates me that she is staring at my son's profile and can't give me the code as his guidance counselor.

That is frustrating. I hope his scores come soon!

• 2 weeks later...

It's ridiculous that anyone should have to wait so long! The SSAT tests (private high school admission tests) were administered last Saturday morning, and I read on College Confidential yesterday that the scores are already trickling out. They'll be officially released to everyone by the end of this week. It's silly to have to wait MONTHS for the PSATs and SATs.

ETA: Even better! The SSAT scores have just been e-mailed to our home -- one week and two days after the test!

Edited by Rebecca VA

Anyone else STILL waiting for scores? We are in the west.

Kimm

We are still waiting. I put in several phone calls and, finally, after much aggravation, convinced them to resend them. Now, if they do resend them remains to be seen. They were able to tell me that he does have a score, but they will not tell me the access code over the phone. We are also in WA.

• 3 weeks later...
Jugglin5, if I understand correctly, your junior will not hear anything about their PSAT score until later this year -- something like late July, August. The juniors have to wait that long as their scores are the only ones to qualify for the National Merit program.

Scores still come in December for everyone. One just has to wait to see if their score was high enough for that year if they are around the state's cut off point.