Menu

Anyone care to tell me about my new baby girls?

You appear to have been blessed with two potentially near-perfect pets; pitbulls, well raised, are stellar companions!

I don't have time to read through but should mention that I believe if your white one is all white, it's likely to be deaf...but even that can be overcome; we have a neighbor with a deaf one and you'd never know it. You work around it.

:grouphug: I really want everything to be OK.

Please forgive me: I can see tragedy on the a trip to the grocery store sometimes. Our family joke is not that I see the glass as half-empty, it's that I see it as half-full of poison.

Well even if aggravating or hard to take sometimes people like me need people like you to say HEY LOOK!!!! No harm. It is nice that all of you have responded and care so much :grouphug:

You appear to have been blessed with two potentially near-perfect pets; pitbulls, well raised, are stellar companions!

I don't have time to read through but should mention that I believe if your white one is all white, it's likely to be deaf...but even that can be overcome; we have a neighbor with a deaf one and you'd never know it. You work around it.

Thank you for the heads up!!

I'm sorry I didn't read all of the posts, but I wanted to make a comment before I went to bed.

Anyway, I know this might be a completely touchy topic, but I suggest that you contact your home owners insurance company.

My neighbor fell in love with their adopted pit bull mix (it is the sweetest dog), but a year later when they had an insurance claim (wind damage on the roof), it came up on the insurance review and they chose to pay the increase in their insurance rather than give up their dog.

I'm sorry I didn't read all of the posts, but I wanted to make a comment before I went to bed.

Anyway, I know this might be a completely touchy topic, but I suggest that you contact your home owners insurance company.

My neighbor fell in love with their adopted pit bull mix (it is the sweetest dog), but a year later when they had an insurance claim (wind damage on the roof), it came up on the insurance review and they chose to pay the increase in their insurance rather than give up their dog.

OK thank you for that because otherwise I would not have known!:D

We have what we think is a pit/lab mix. Let's see if I can figure out how to upload a pic...

In this first one, I think you can really see the pit...in the second one, you can see the Lab:

IMG_5867.jpg

IMG_5877.jpg

She is a really awesome dog. We got her around five months old and she had significant chewing issues her first couple of years. But she is so sweet and loving...just a happy, good-spirited dog. She's 5 years old now and we've never had any trouble from her at all...and that's even with adding a very rambunctious toddler to the family.

I think pits and pit mixes can be loving, loyal pets.

We took a stray in that was part American Staffy.. sweetest dog ever. She use to lay at the foot of the couch so our baby could climb up on the couch. She guarded his playpen with much vigilance and would whine if he cried or anyone who didn't live in the home picked him up. It was quite an endearing friendship to watch.

They have the squarish head like most pits. They may not have much pit, the two tone one is a little more on the obvious side. White one, it's the nose that gives it away. On a good note, they look like fat and happy puppies and if you want to keep them, they will be very loyal and protective to your children. They will not likely be adoptable unless someone likes pits. Most shelters will put them down if they look like pit bulls. Are they male or female?

Can you guys tell me what you are looking at to see that? I am really wondering what you are seeing to say pit. Like I said Unless it is obvious I can't tell. Their paws are not very big not to me but maybe I don't know what I am seeing lol.

They have the squarish head like most pits. They may not have much pit, the two tone one is a little more on the obvious side. White one, it's the nose that gives it away. On a good note, they look like fat and happy puppies and if you want to keep them, they will be very loyal and protective to your children. They will not likely be adoptable unless someone likes pits. Most shelters will put them down if they look like pit bulls. Are they male or female?

They are both little girls! Yeah they are very fat I think they have gained just since those pics two days ago lol

We have what we think is a pit/lab mix. Let's see if I can figure out how to upload a pic...

In this first one, I think you can really see the pit...in the second one, you can see the Lab:

IMG_5867.jpg

IMG_5877.jpg

She is a really awesome dog. We got her around five months old and she had significant chewing issues her first couple of years. But she is so sweet and loving...just a happy, good-spirited dog. She's 5 years old now and we've never had any trouble from her at all...and that's even with adding a very rambunctious toddler to the family.

I think pits and pit mixes can be loving, loyal pets.

AWWWWWW so pretty

Lillymax - our dogs look very similar, except ours has a white chest. She's a 6 year old lab/pit mix and she is the sweetest dog I've ever owned!

It's all in how they're raised (at least in our experience) and maybe ours has been a better experience because she's a pit mix?

She's very smart, very gentle, very obedient, and walks with my youngest son every day down the long road to get the mail (we live in the country). Our other dog is a purebred yellow lab and he can't get the mail with my son because he'll take off through the woods and find his way to the creek. He'll come home an hour or so later, covered in mud -- unless he finds a skunk. :rolleyes:

Definitely pit bull (American Staffordshire Terrier) - you can see it in the snout of the white one.

The other one looks like more of a beagle to me ... maybe they are not full siblings, or maybe each favors different genes in the pool.

I would be extremely leery of taking in abandoned pit bull puppies. Who knows how they were bred (more likely than not for aggression) and all the love in the world can't make up for aggressive breeding. Not when you have kids.

ETA: I'm not saying all Pitt Bulls are aggressive, but some are bred that way and with the ones being likely abandoned ... I would worry that that's the environment they came from.

:iagree: