Menu

What's on your kids' Christmas List? Or yours? :)

Then only things they've really asked for are Legos. They would be happy with all the Legos in the catalog. :) They also would like some more Pokemon cards.

Because we have way too much stuff and my parents go crazy with presents, we have tried to figure out an approach the last few years. I think we're trying to start a tradition of doing a family present of some kind: like a trip. Last year I took the boys to Medieval Times (the dinner theater). This year we are going to go on a mini-vacation in January to a place with an indoor water park, nearby snow tubing and of course some field trip possiblities. :) I have realized they really love it when we all go away together even if it's not super elaborate. It's just the dedicated family time I guess. We also love travel so I like the idea of starting a family tradition of travel. We'll also do stockings for them with some small things to open Christmas morning and they will have a lot of Legos from my parents.

As for me and dh, we haven't really done presents for each other the past few years. We do stockings with something small. Otherwise we'd rather spend the money on stuff we can use together or on things we need or can do together. Neither of us really has gifts as our love language.

I ordered two books by Jim Weise, Detective Science, and Spy Science. After looking through them yesterday, I'm not too sure if they are what I had in mind. I would like to assemble a kind of detective/spy kit, and I thought these two books would be just the thing as a kind of *spine* to work with, but I'm not bowled over by them.

Any thoughts on books about spies, detective work, etc.? I don't think Amazon takes returns on books, so I guess I'm stuck with these.

Yes they do take returns but you pay the shipping.

I bought vol 1 & 2 of Usborne's Knowhow Omnibus. I think your guy would love the section on detection/spycraft (also published separately, apparently). It's pretty slick. I'd bring it along if going to a desert island.

Ds 5 made his very first "oh, oh, I want that! Get me that!" purchase request right before his birthday (November birthday) but we had already bought him his presents, so I told him he'd get it for Christmas. It's the Tidmoth Shed for the Thomas the Tank Engine Trackmaster track (the new, non-motorized-so-it's-cheaper model.)

Ds 2.75 I am getting Inchimals, very nice c-rods sized by inches and painted with animals on them and a stuffed Blue from Blue's Clues.

I also got more wood blocks for both of them.

Dh and my joint present is going to be a scanner/printer that we need for homeschool. When we get our tax refund check, then we get to buy ourselves something a little more fun.

What I really want is the Jane Austin crochet pattern book :001_wub:

Edited by theYoungerMrsWarde

My boys (each) want Modern Warfare 3 (oldest lives with his Dad, and if they both get one, they can play "together", separately).

My dd doesn't want to give a suggestion, she likes being surprised. I'm thinking maybe a Ross gift card or a mani/pedi gift certificate, and something to "open".

Me? I want a Keurig. :001_huh: Unlikely, but it's what I want.

Dd6 hasn't really asked for much this year. Today my mom called and asked for suggestions for her and my grandparents so I asked dd to give me a list. She would like a Bullseye horse doll from Toy Story 2 but mostly she would like to catch a live fairy and th ability to fly.:lol: