Menu

Who will watch the National Dog Show tomorrow?

Just curious if anyone else does. We do every year and look forward to it more than parades or football.

We were there on location last Friday but NBC wasn't filming anything--guess they were waiting til Saturday. We watched Dc's 4H leader handle one of her dogs and he won BOB. Next year we might brave the crowds to watch on Sat and Dd will probably show her dog on Fri.

We'll likely watch. My girls like watching all of the different breeds and looking for the breed that we own (Keeshonden). Actually, I guess we have two breeds now. We just got a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel three days ago. :001_wub:

My mother was an owner-handler and showed dogs for years (and won Best in Show numerous times), so watching the show brings back lots of memories for me.

We'll likely watch. My girls like watching all of the different breeds and looking for the breed that we own (Keeshonden). Actually, I guess we have two breeds now. We just got a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel three days ago. :001_wub:

My mother was an owner-handler and showed dogs for years (and won Best in Show numerous times), so watching the show brings back lots of memories for me.

We owned a Keeshonden when Dh and I were first married. They are sweet dogs.

Congrats on the new addition! Dd worked with a Cavalier KC at 4h for a while and loved him. I thought about getting one a few years back, but Dh decided they are too small. We ended up with a Cocker.

YAY for owner-handlers!!!!

We will DVR it (Molly's marching in the football game halftime show) because our friend's Leo went BOB, though he didn't do anything in group. "Odin" is a beautiful boy, we know him well.

Then we're off to a dog show ourselves Fri-Sat-Sun, looking for our own BOB!

Enjoy the show, everyone!

astrid (owner-handler)

We will, but this year we won't have to be all jealous, because we finally have our own dog again!

WONDERFUL!! Congratulations!!! So this year, you can sit on the couch, hug your pup and tell him he's way better than all of those silly fluffed-up things on TV! (That's what we do--- because EVERY dog is a champion!)

Enjoy your new family member!

astrid

Just curious if anyone else does. We do every year and look forward to it more than parades or football.

We were there on location last Friday but NBC wasn't filming anything--guess they were waiting til Saturday. We watched Dc's 4H leader handle one of her dogs and he won BOB. Next year we might brave the crowds to watch on Sat and Dd will probably show her dog on Fri.

Which breed was it?

WONDERFUL!! Congratulations!!! So this year, you can sit on the couch, hug your pup and tell him he's way better than all of those silly fluffed-up things on TV! (That's what we do--- because EVERY dog is a champion!)

Enjoy your new family member!

astrid

Thanks! She's sweet and getting better behaved too. I can actually cuddle with her now without her nipping me all the time!

(I'll probably still want a German shepherd if there's one on there though...)

Which breed was it?

It is a Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen, PBGV for short. You can see them here http://www.pbgv.org/

She breeds them, though not regularly. I don't think Harry (the PBGV) will be on TV since she probably wasn't staying for Sat. She is very involved with several clubs locally and throughout our state besides being involved with 4H dog and horse clubs.

For all those who want to attend a show, here is a site that lists them by state.

http://infodog.com/showinfo/state.htm

We've been to 3 this fall b/c we are getting ready for Dd to enter as a junior handler. We have had a great time at the shows. Contrary to what I've heard, everyone has been friendly and we met a lot of handlers and dogs. One breeder let my Dd walk her dogs all over the showgrounds. It helps to have a cute kid with you who is willing to ask questions, though you do have to be sure Dc understand show etiquette--like not bothering handlers or petting dogs just before they go into the ring.

It is a Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen, PBGV for short. You can see them here http://www.pbgv.org/

She breeds them, though not regularly. I don't think Harry (the PBGV) will be on TV since she probably wasn't staying for Sat. She is very involved with several clubs locally and throughout our state besides being involved with 4H dog and horse clubs.

Oh my gosh, those are the happiest-looking dogs!

And if you're in the Central Massachusetts area this weekend, come visit US at the Thanksgiving Cluster at the Eastern States Exhibition in West Springfield! :-)

We'd love to if we were close.

astrid (sigh....cooking dinner for 23, then packing the car and showing all weekend!)

Now, I don't envy you the cooking & serving, then packing part! Post an update and photos after you get back if you can. We'd love to see them.