Menu

Help! my 5 year old son needs xxw shoes.

Look for a real shoe shop, not a national chain of retailers.........think old fashion mom and pop shoe store. I have found that they are more likely to deal in specialty shoes and more willing to help you find what you need. If you cannot find one locally, I suggest calling podiatrists until you find one who can point you in the right direction.

He's got real big feet and an xw was not confortable at stride rite. Looking for a 2 1/2 or 3 size. Where to even begin? Does someone make shoes this wide?

Did Stride Rite offer to order anything in? One of mine had very wide feet and they always worked with me to find something, even if it wasn't something they carried in the store.

I can't offer you any hope about outgrowing the wide feet though, as in his late elementary years he landed in a 4E. I shop for him at Trade Home Shoes--they carry kid sizes and always work with us to find something.

Have you tried New Balance shoes?

ETA: Wanted to add that not only does my dd have very wide feet, they are very "fat" from the bottom of her feet to the top of the foot. The only place I could find shoes that fit her when she was little was Payless. Once she hit adult size shoes, that didn't work anymore, but in kids shoes, they always had something that fit.

Edited by Unicorn