Menu

Printer will not print?

I went threw checking it has ink ect. I did a test also to see that it was hooked up and that came out fine.

I go to print something that I typed up and it sounds like it will print but than it spits out the paper with nothing on it.

Anyone know what might be wrong?

Yes, mine will copy something too! I hope someone has an idea. I did all the questions ect to try and figure it out, but still nothing.

I wonder if it is something like a driver wore out or something. Anyone know about how drivers work?

Go to the manufacturer's website and find their support/tech section, then search for your printer model. They will have a troubleshooting section which will walk you through options based on your answers to questions pertaining to what's happening. I just did this yesterday with our HP and it worked great.

When I've had that happen, I've had to uninstall (delete) the printer from the computer, reinstall the software, then rename the printer (copy 1).

That usually works for me.

It's always with an HP inkjet.:glare:

THIS Is IT! the printer did this a couple of weeks ago (and it was practically brand new then). DH fixed it but could not remember what he had done --THIS is what he did. Thank you!